Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW NewsCast - Jan. 6, 2011 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; WDW NewsCast Jan 6, 2011 The WDW News Cast - Interactive Walt Disney World news from Lou Mongello of WDWRadio.com Topics this week include: - Disney World Discounts ---------------------------- Join ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW NewsCast - Jan. 6, 2011

WDW NewsCast Jan 6, 2011

The WDW News Cast - Interactive Walt Disney World news from Lou Mongello of WDWRadio.com

Topics this week include:
    - Disney World Discounts
    ----------------------------

Join us each week for a LIVE interactive news show covering the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida. Be a part of the broadcast and discussion and discuss the news real-time in the chat room.

Join us every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. EST at http://WDWNewsCast.com

Please keep the conversation going by subscribing to the WDWRadio channel on YouTube channel at http://YouTube.com/user/WDWRadio

Visit WDWRadio.com for daily blog posts, the weekly Disney podcast, Disney photos, Disney videos, discussion forums, Disney store and more!

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: WDW NewsCast - Jan. 6, 2011

I see the newscast in the itunes feed, but the URL appears to be broken. It wants to download:

http://www.wdwradio.net/podcasts/htt...ast_010611.mp3

Looks like an error in the enclosure XML tag.

Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yes, it appears something is wrong; I got the same error message on two different computers, in two different locations, over two different networks.

SSB

I saw Lou tweet that it had been fixed. I refreshed and it downloaded fine this time, although sometimes I find deleting and re-subscribing fixes feed issues.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yeah, I did the same just now and it worked. It's an uncommon problem for me.

SSB

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I'm having a different sort of problem. I remember hearing on both the Podcast and the Newscast that Newscast audio was now available on the iTunes feed. I don't use iTunes, but I do subscribe to the Podcast RSS feed at:

WDW Radio - Your Walt Disney World Information Station by Lou Mongello » WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast

All I see here, however, are the Podcasts themselves, and I can't seem to find another feed for the Newscast audio. Does anyone know if the audio Newscast is available via RSS? Either on it's own feed, or within the Podcast feed? And if not, can it be made available that way? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    I'm having a different sort of problem. I remember hearing on both the Podcast and the Newscast that Newscast audio was now available on the iTunes feed. I don't use iTunes, but I do subscribe to the Podcast RSS feed at:

WDW Radio - Your Walt Disney World Information Station by Lou Mongello » WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast

All I see here, however, are the Podcasts themselves, and I can't seem to find another feed for the Newscast audio. Does anyone know if the audio Newscast is available via RSS? Either on it's own feed, or within the Podcast feed? And if not, can it be made available that way? Thanks.
    This is the XML feed URL that iTunes uses, and includes the newscasts. Note that RSS is just a specific form of XML - it might work for other RSS-based players.
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    This is the XML feed URL that iTunes uses, and includes the newscasts. Note that RSS is just a specific form of XML - it might work for other RSS-based players.
    Hmm. Since the feed URL I posted does not include the newscast, can I assume that you were referring to another URL that you meant to include in your post?

(Or perhaps you did post it, and our firewall is getting in the way - they make some odd choices when deciding what to block.)

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    Hmm. Since the feed URL I posted does not include the newscast, can I assume that you were referring to another URL that you meant to include in your post?

(Or perhaps you did post it, and our firewall is getting in the way - they make some odd choices when deciding what to block.)
    Weird, I swear it was there before I hit "submit":

The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Weird, I swear it was there before I hit "submit":

The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station
    Hurray, that's exactly what I wanted! Thank you! I didn't want to complain at the time, but I was really kind of disappointed when Lou announced that news and rumors were being pulled from the podcast and released as video instead. Now I can keep up with this in the car again.