We're booked to do it February 25th!! I can't wait!
Wild Africa Trek in Disney's Animal Kingdom
The Wild Africa Trek is a unique wildlife experience into the deepest, most-remote reaches of Disney's Animal Kingdom.
The three-hour, expert-led adventure immerses guests in the realms and wildlife thrills of far-off Africa -- without leaving Walt Disney World Resort. In small groups, guests on Wild Africa Trek enjoy an "up-close-and-personal" experience with African wildlife species that make their home in Pangani Forest as well as other areas of the park's Harambe Wildlife Reserve.
Join host Lou Mongello as he takes you through a preview of this exciting new experience! As part of the adventure, guests clip onto a lifeline as they step to the very edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs waiting just below. Talk about cliff-hangers!
Highlights of what's in store for guests on this add-on adventure:
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren't explored during regular Disney's Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating winding pathways through dense fern, bamboo and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- After pausing at an overlook above the grasslands for breathtaking views, boarding customized open-air vehicles that course through the vastness of a magnificent savanna. Extended time is allotted for animal viewing with expert guides.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for viewing of wildebeest and giraffe, elephants and gazelles, eland and antelope. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor this panorama of wildlife and sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.
Wild Africa Trek is offered several times daily at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Groups are kept small, consisting of no more than 12 trekkers per safari.
For more information, listen to the full review on WDW Radio - Episode #206 - January 23, 2011
Visit http://WDWRadio.com for daily blog posts, the weekly Disney podcast, Disney photos, Disney videos, discussion forums, Disney store and more!
You can email the show at email@example.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.
Join the fan page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio
Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello
Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com
Thanks for watching!
- Lou Mongello
Host, Author & Site Owner
AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42
How much pp?
77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDWI Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011Johnoinsc in 'The Box'
Are there any discounts for AP?
I'm booked for Feb 26th. WooHoo!!!
Lou your video my DH seen did the trick we booked for Feb 25th Thank you so much!
We're booked for March 6. Sorry, but to begin with there are NO discounts available; we tried everything! I didn't see anybody say, but it's $189 per person.
I may have missed this, but do you also need a park ticket in addition to the Trek fee?
I am torn on this one. The review of it seems amazing and the experience seems fantastic, but if you are there for just a few days visiting from farther away than just local area, and don't have an AP, then it does seem quite expensive. Yes, you get your money's worth in the tour itself, but you are in the end wasting a day. If you have a park hopper and are staying over 6 or 7 days (then each additional day virtually costs pennies when you add then onto your ticket) it would be more worth it. Definitely seems like something worth doing, but only if you are there for 6 days or more, or an AP holder.
October 1993-Port Orleans French Quarter
October 1995-Port Orleans French Quarter
May 1997-Beach Club
February 2000-All Star Movies
June 2000-Yacht Club
February 2002-All Star Movies
February 2003-All Star Movies
April 2003-Yacht Club
May 2004-Pop Century
March 2006-Pop Century
August 2008-Pop Century
April 2010-Pop Century....and V&A's!
August 2011-Pop Century....and V&A's!!!!
© 2012 WDWRadio™ and Second Star Media™
Please note that WDW Radio, Lou Mongello, and Second Star Media are in no way part of, endorsed or authorized by, or affiliated with the Walt Disney Company or its affiliates. Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com - As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney - Disclosure.