Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Wild Africa Trek in Disney's Animal Kingdom The Wild Africa Trek is a unique wildlife experience into the deepest, most-remote reaches of Disney's Animal Kingdom. The three-hour, expert-led adventure immerses ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Wild Africa Trek in Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Wild Africa Trek is a unique wildlife experience into the deepest, most-remote reaches of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

The three-hour, expert-led adventure immerses guests in the realms and wildlife thrills of far-off Africa -- without leaving Walt Disney World Resort. In small groups, guests on Wild Africa Trek enjoy an "up-close-and-personal" experience with African wildlife species that make their home in Pangani Forest as well as other areas of the park's Harambe Wildlife Reserve.

Join host Lou Mongello as he takes you through a preview of this exciting new experience! As part of the adventure, guests clip onto a lifeline as they step to the very edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs waiting just below. Talk about cliff-hangers!

Highlights of what's in store for guests on this add-on adventure:

- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren't explored during regular Disney's Animal Kingdom experiences.
    - Navigating winding pathways through dense fern, bamboo and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
    - Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
    - After pausing at an overlook above the grasslands for breathtaking views, boarding customized open-air vehicles that course through the vastness of a magnificent savanna. Extended time is allotted for animal viewing with expert guides.
    - Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for viewing of wildebeest and giraffe, elephants and gazelles, eland and antelope. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor this panorama of wildlife and sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.

Wild Africa Trek is offered several times daily at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Groups are kept small, consisting of no more than 12 trekkers per safari.

For more information, listen to the full review on WDW Radio - Episode #206 - January 23, 2011

Visit http://WDWRadio.com for daily blog posts, the weekly Disney podcast, Disney photos, Disney videos, discussion forums, Disney store and more!

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for watching!

- Lou Mongello

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom

We're booked to do it February 25th!! I can't wait!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder

I booked it for Feb 8th....on my birthday.

Really looking forward to it.

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom

How much pp?
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Are there any discounts for AP?

There was no discounts when I booked because I got the introductory rate. Maybe once the normal rate kicks in there will be.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

aspen37 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm booked for Feb 26th. WooHoo!!!
    Anna

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Lou your video my DH seen did the trick we booked for Feb 25th Thank you so much!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

We're booked for March 6. Sorry, but to begin with there are NO discounts available; we tried everything! I didn't see anybody say, but it's $189 per person.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    We're booked for March 6. Sorry, but to begin with there are NO discounts available; we tried everything! I didn't see anybody say, but it's $189 per person.
    There was an introductory rate to Feb 27th & it went up.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

I may have missed this, but do you also need a park ticket in addition to the Trek fee?

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    I may have missed this, but do you also need a park ticket in addition to the Trek fee?
    Yes you do need a park ticket. Just as with the other tours.

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Yes you do need a park ticket. Just as with the other tours.
    Then definately not worth the money. If the thing takes all day you are essentially paying the tour fee plus a park ticket (since you won't be able to enjoy the park for a full day) for the tour alone. Maybe if you have an AP it works out...but it just seems to much to me.

ALammers300 is offline A-Ticket holder

I am torn on this one. The review of it seems amazing and the experience seems fantastic, but if you are there for just a few days visiting from farther away than just local area, and don't have an AP, then it does seem quite expensive. Yes, you get your money's worth in the tour itself, but you are in the end wasting a day. If you have a park hopper and are staying over 6 or 7 days (then each additional day virtually costs pennies when you add then onto your ticket) it would be more worth it. Definitely seems like something worth doing, but only if you are there for 6 days or more, or an AP holder.
    October 1991-Polynesian
    October 1993-Port Orleans French Quarter
    October 1995-Port Orleans French Quarter
    May 1997-Beach Club
    February 2000-All Star Movies
    June 2000-Yacht Club
    February 2002-All Star Movies
    February 2003-All Star Movies
    April 2003-Yacht Club
    May 2004-Pop Century
    March 2006-Pop Century
    August 2008-Pop Century
    April 2010-Pop Century....and V&A's!
    August 2011-Pop Century....and V&A's!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    Then definately not worth the money. If the thing takes all day you are essentially paying the tour fee plus a park ticket (since you won't be able to enjoy the park for a full day) for the tour alone. Maybe if you have an AP it works out...but it just seems to much to me.
    As DH says it an experience we will probably only do once! As we have other tours we want to experience in the future.