Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 233 - July 31, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; The Swiss Family Treehouse - WDW Opening Day Attractions Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 233 - July 31, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

The Swiss Family Treehouse - WDW Opening Day Attractions

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #233 for the week of July 31, 2011.

With the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World’s opening taking place on October 1, over the next few months, we’re going to explore some of the Magic Kingdom’s opening day attractions. We’ll look at their concepts, history, development, and changes over the years. This week, we’ll begin this new series with one of Adventureland’s three original attractions, the Swiss Family Treehouse. Simple in concept but rich in story, we’ll discuss it’s origins, and help point our some of its wonderful details, and even a few secrets as well.

I’ll have a few announcements before playing some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Get the FREE WDW Radio iPhone app: http://bit.ly/wdwrfreeapp

Walt Disney World Trivia on your iPhone! 770+ questions and Did You Knows!: http://bit.ly/wdwtip

Join the friend page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jermsworld is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 233 - July 31, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

This was a great episode, my first episode in probably 5 years?? Has it been that long?

My boys always forget the Treehouse is there. They always run by it, and I say "hey, what about the treehouse" YEAH YEAH, and they come running back. Sometimes, we do it 3 - 4 times a trip. And sometimes, it's an attraction we do while my older son and mom do an attraction my young one doesn't like (like POTC).

I have seen the movie a couple of times, my boys have not. Now listening to this episode, it might be a movie my oldest and I will have to sit down and watch, I own, it on DVD.

I'm not a big fan of Tarzan's Treehouse. The only good thing about it is you can hear the Swisskapolka at the end of the attraction, a song that belongs in Adventureland. Here's my Disneyland vs WDW side coming out. I'm surprised they did the Tarzan replacement at Disneyland and not Disney World. Disneyland seems to have more of the traditionalists, while Disney World has more of wide variety of travelers.

I don't believe there's anything they can do to upgrade the attraction. Any kind of technical upgrades could ruin the feeling of the attraction. The only thing I would recommend is maybe adding some Christmas lights to the tree during Christmas time. I think they could really make that tree beautiful. Maybe even some tiki torches at night could spice it up.

Great attraction, I hope my boys continue loving it into their, oh lord, teen years? Weren't they just born?
    Last edited by jermsworld; 08-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 233 - July 31, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Throughly enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to Lou continuing this series!
    I've only ever been to the World twice but each time I felt as though the tree house was something I must do. Now thanks to this episode I'll have something extra to share with my wife as I pull her along up an down the tree house!
    I agree that there isn't really anything that can be done to improve the tree house, but I am looking forward to making it out to California someday to the the Tarzan version because that's still one of my favorite films from when I was a kid. I wonder if Disney has ever considered remaking The Swiss Family Robinson, it'd be great to introduce those characters and stories to new generations!