Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 246 - October 30, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Top Ten Spooky Places in Walt Disney World Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 246 - October 30, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Top Ten Spooky Places in Walt Disney World

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #246 for the week of October 30, 2011.

There's a chill in the air in Walt Disney World at this time of year, not because of the weather, but because it's time for Halloween. And in the spirit of it being Not So Scary, we're going to look around the resort, in the parks and closely at some attractions that have their creepy moments. So take your "loved ones" by the hand, as we look at our Ten Ten Spooky Places in Walt Disney World.

I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Get the FREE WDW Radio iPhone app: http://bit.ly/wdwrfreeapp

Walt Disney World Trivia on your iPhone! 770+ questions and Did You Knows!: http://bit.ly/wdwtip

Join the friend page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tikigoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 246 - October 30, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

By far,I think one of the scarry animatronics is the woman in the movie theater ticket booth on Spaceship Earth. She always seems to be watching you. Her eyes are black as cole, almost inhuman. Your car passes by her and she just stares. Just when you think you have escaped her gaze she turns over her shoulder for one last glance. I had my son keep his eyes on her last time we road it together. He agrees, Super Creepy.

Am_hawthorne is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 246 - October 30, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

Hello- you mentioned Injun Joe's cave as being scary and claustrophobic that immediately brought to mind Toy story Mainia . I have issues with closed spaces.The last part of the regular queue as you go back into the circus style tent just before you go down the steps to the ride vehicle is terrible. I am close to hyperventilating and I usually come out with hives. I have often thought of talking to a cast member about this but I'm afraid they will just think I am trying to get out of waiting in line. That queue is the most frightening thing on property.

maceeight is offline A-Ticket holder

How has George not been mentioned yet in thIs discussion. I think he counts as one of the spookier elements of wdw. On the topic it would be great if Lou did a pod about myths legends and rumors of the parks

tikigoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Am_hawthorne View Post
    ...I have issues with closed spaces.The last part of the regular queue as you go back into the circus style tent just before you go down the steps to the ride vehicle is terrible. I am close to hyperventilating and I usually come out with hives. I have often thought of talking to a cast member about this but I'm afraid they will just think I am trying to get out of waiting in line. That queue is the most frightening thing on property.
    Hey Hawthorne,
    Next time you are at Hollywood Studios, I would suggest a stop by Guest Relations and pick up a Guest Assistance Card.(GAC) Tell them you are claustrophobic and the queue at Toy Story Mania is very traumatic for you. There is an alternate entrance which allows you to avoid going up the steps into the area you described.

Am_hawthorne is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you so much for the tip. I think I will check with guest relations when we go back next year . I love how kind everyone is at Disney, cast members and vacationers alike. My fear is not waiting my fair share in line. I would hate to bump anyone from their turn to play the mainia! I don't ride Astro Orbiters (the elevator) or mission space ( mission no space in there) but I just don't want to give up Bo Peeps Baaaaaa loon pop!!
    Thanks for helping me
    am_hawthorne

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Ok I'm behind but have been able to start listening again (YAY!!)... I absolutely have to know what that music is that played after the fun with Tim. It was Grim Grinning Ghosts but a kinda dancy version. I've got to have it! Help!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe