Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio--The Best Travel Podcast, Why? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; We all have our reasons for listening, following, and making WDW Radio a part of our lives, so what makes it special for you? What are some of the reasons ...
    DisneyDom is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Radio--The Best Travel Podcast, Why?

We all have our reasons for listening, following, and making WDW Radio a part of our lives, so what makes it special for you? What are some of the reasons WDW Radio has been recognized by voters as the Best Travel Podcast, six years in a row?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW Radio--The Best Travel Podcast, Why?

For me? I love the "evergreen" episodes. Top Ten w/Tim, Wayback Machine, etc.

Lou also has a knack for virtually bringing you to the park with the music and sound effects he plays in the background.

On top of all of that, I think Lou's overall upbeat personality and enthusiasm for the resort somewhat embodies the way the resort makes us all feel.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    For me? I love the "evergreen" episodes. Top Ten w/Tim, Wayback Machine, etc.

Lou also has a knack for virtually bringing you to the park with the music and sound effects he plays in the background.

On top of all of that, I think Lou's overall upbeat personality and enthusiasm for the resort somewhat embodies the way the resort makes us all feel.
    Totally agree with you!

I listen to the podcasts each week whilst getting for work in the morning. I enjoy Lou's manner of interviewing and LOVE Top Ten with Tim 'bananas' Foster.

I like the fact that Lou will put a positive spin on changes that maybe some of us hardcore Disney fans are dreading.....puts me in a positive mood to face the day!!

I voted daily in the hope that Lou won for the sixth year running as I think he deserves recognition for all the hard work he puts into making WDW Radio part of our lives.
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

XQIXX is offline A-Ticket holder

I think it is the fact that Lou doesn't make you feel like you are watching him enjoy it but he makes you feel that you can and will be a part of it and can experience it on your own. He instills a belief in you and what you can accomplish if you really want it!
    He puts his heart in it and it shows! Thanks Lou, you deserve the award and more!
    DVC Member SSR 2005

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I think the reason I like Lou's podcasts is because they are so casual but give you all the same great information (and so much more) than the others out there. There's just something about them that makes you feel like you're sitting there in the room just having a chat. For me, they keep me in the "Disney Mood" in between trips!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I think the reason I like Lou's podcasts is because they are so casual but give you all the same great information (and so much more) than the others out there. There's just something about them that makes you feel like you're sitting there in the room just having a chat. For me, they keep me in the "Disney Mood" in between trips!
    Agreed. Entertaining and Informative. I've become an addict since discovering this podcast!
    "One Mouse, One World"

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would say that Lou is a phenomenal storyteller. His ability to seamlessly speak on any subject Disney is both engaging and informative. He is truly a dynamic raconteur who brings the subject matter to life.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    +1

Especially for the last sentence.

I first discovered his podcast in '09 when I was gearing up for our LONG overdue return trip to WDW.

I grew up right down the road from there in Mount Dora, plus my brother was a CM for more than a decade. We used to visit there on what seemed a weekly basis.

I recall one Saturday when I was about 7 or 8 and my Dad just busts out with, "Wanna go to Disney?" Seems odd now that I live over a thousand miles away, but that's what it was like for us back then.

Well, that and CM families got into the park (this was pre-EPCOT Center) free back then. So a 45 minute drive down the road to get into the park for free wasn't really a big deal.

The thought of going "home" was already exciting enough, but Lou's podcasts just amplified it.