Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 250 - November 27, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; The Orange Bird and a new Disney Contest Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 250 - November 27, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

The Orange Bird and a new Disney Contest

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #250 for the week of November 27, 2011.

In the past 40 years, we've seen some pretty interesting things at Walt Disney World: A waterskiing Goofy, gunfighters shooting it out in Frontierland, singing fruit, a rapping Mickey and much more. But until recently, many people couldn't recall seeing a character walking around in Adventureland with a giant orange head, leaves for arms and a green stem sticking out of his head. Today, of course, we fondly recall (and miss) the Little Orange Bird, and in this week's show, Jim Korkis and I will take a look back in time at the Sunshine Tree Terrace and it's one-time host (and hostess). We'll explore the origins of the Orange Bird, the Sherman Brothers song, why he and Anita Bryant may have flown the coop, and the recent resurgence of our little orange friend. I'll then pose a question for you to share your thoughts on as well.

It's also been way too long since our last contest, so this week, so listen carefully for your chance to win a Disney prize package in my "Where in the World Have You Heard This?" Contest.

Iíll have a few announcements, including the date and location of the next Meet of the Month in Walt Disney World, and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show

-------------------------------------
    THANK YOU for your support by voting WDW Radio Best Travel Podcast for 2011!
    -------------------------------------

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Walt Disney World Trivia on your iPhone! 770+ questions and Did You Knows!: http://bit.ly/wdwtip

Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Google+: http://LouMongello.com/gplus

Subscribe to Celebrations! The #1 Disney Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 250 - November 27, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

Congratulations on 250!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 250 - November 27, 2011 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

hmmm...little orange bird...I might have seen him...maybe....and I still have the cup
    [IMG]Kurt & Orange Bird - 1976[/IMG] [IMG]orange juice cup from Majic Kingdom[/IMG]
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

Tinkerkell123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Catching up on podcasts and caught this one yesterday... You are the only person I know who remembers the orange swirls. I LOVED those and really miss them! Dare I say it? I liked those better than Dole Whips! I also remember the fruit shaped plastic drink sippers and used to keep all of them. I wish I still had them...

Great trip down memory lane!
    Theme Park Commandos!
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

~Douglas Adams, 1952-2001~
    Author of Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy