Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 256 - January 8, 2012 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; On the Trail of the Rocketeer - Recorded Live from Disney's Hollywood Studios Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 256 - January 8, 2012 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

On the Trail of the Rocketeer - Recorded Live from Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #256 for the week of January 8, 2012.

This week's we're on the trail of the Rocketeer as we look at this character connection in Walt Disney World. Recorded live at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Jim Korkis and I discuss not only the film, but tour the park as we search for props, details and stories that you may have never noticed that relate to the 1991 Disney film.

Stay tuned for some announcements before I play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show

-------------------------------------
    THANK YOU for your support by voting WDW Radio Best Travel Podcast for 2011!
    -------------------------------------

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Walt Disney World Trivia on your iPhone! 770+ questions and Did You Knows!: http://bit.ly/wdwtip

Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Google+: http://LouMongello.com/gplus

Subscribe to Celebrations! The #1 Disney Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 256 - January 8, 2012 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Loved the show Lou, took me way back to when you and Jeff did the character connection for Rodger Rabbit.

The Rocketeer was one of my absolute favorite movies growing up, I had feared for a while that it would be lost in time but I've been glad to see the it's resurgence with the 20th anniversary.

A little while ago I stumbled across a fan made cartoon. You may have seen it but it was just awesome to see someone with an obvious passion for the franchise put so much hard work into it. The Rocketeer Animation [Fanmade] - YouTube

tikigoon is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 256 - January 8, 2012 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Thanks so much for adding another layer to our latest trip to the parks. After listening to the podcast I was sure to get the kids to watch the Rocketeer. They were very excited to see the footprints and blast marks by the theater as well as the Jetpack on display over at One Man's Dream.
    -TikiGoon

Jun 2001- Off-site Orange Lake
    Jan 2002- Off-site Whndham Cypress Palms
    Jan 2003- Off-site Cypress Pointe
    Jan 2004- Off-site Sliver Lake
    Jan 2005- Off-site Orange Lake
    Jan 2007- Port Orleans
    Jan 2008- Off-site Wyndham Cypress Palms
    Jan 2009- Off-site Silver Lake
    Jan 2010- Off-site Sheraton Vistana
    Apr 2011- Off-site Wyndham Cypress Palms(week1)
    Apr 2011- Off-site Orange Lake (week2)
    Aug 2011-Off-site Cypress Pointe
    Jan 2012- Beach Club