Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss why is wdw rado the best? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; WDWNT podcast. Only real problem there is the overwhelming wealth of inside jokes. So, it's a hard podcast to break into leaving it impossible to recommend a starting point. Though, ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: why is wdw rado the best?

WDWNT podcast. Only real problem there is the overwhelming wealth of inside jokes. So, it's a hard podcast to break into leaving it impossible to recommend a starting point.

Though, I guess if I had to choose one it would be episode #130, Top Ten Current Attractions. Though again, lots of inside humor in that one as well. But, entertaining nonetheless.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

lou
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    WDWNT podcast. Only real problem there is the overwhelming wealth of inside jokes. So, it's a hard podcast to break into leaving it impossible to recommend a starting point.

Though, I guess if I had to choose one it would be episode #130, Top Ten Current Attractions. Though again, lots of inside humor in that one as well. But, entertaining nonetheless.
    Thanks. I will search it out and find 130. Top Ten Current Attractions sounds like a decent listen. HAS to be better than trip reports/Tables In Wonderland, or an entire podcast on pressed pennies. What the heck??

Although as a topic, "Top 10 Current Attractions" sounds fairly subjective. Not to mention that it's just general enough to have been done to death at this point.
    Last edited by supernova; 03-14-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Alright, I just clicked onto their site. Once I delve into it more, I will better understand why there is a normal and enhanced version of the podcast for every episode. Perhaps one box with two links would be less conjested than two boxes per show. I clicked over to the Music tab, thinking there would be downloadable tracks for my collection. Wow was I wrong. Out of nowhere, I started hearing some mindless woman rambling on and on and on about the old Millionaire show an pins and Vinylmation. If you're in the mood for a headache, do yourself a favor and click on there and listen to the amount of "likes" she uses in the first two minutes. A clear indication of an inability to form sentences and excel in public speaking. "And he was like, and I was like, and then he was like, and I was like. And, like, I have like, a dozen..." Wow. Just... wow. When it comes to hosting a podcast, there is something to be said about putting your best foot forward. Choose your guests carefully. For all of our sakes.

Between that awful introduction and seeing a seemingly unending list of 'contributors' to each show... here we go again.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    lou
    I might have to finally break down and listen to one of Lou's shows. For now, it's more fun being a frequent poster to the forums and still never have listened to his podcast

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Alright, I just clicked onto their site. Once I delve into it more, I will better understand why there is a normal and enhanced version of the podcast for every episode. Perhaps one box with two links would be less conjested than two boxes per show. I clicked over to the Music tab, thinking there would be downloadable tracks for my collection. Wow was I wrong. Out of nowhere, I started hearing some mindless woman rambling on and on and on about the old Millionaire show an pins and Vinylmation. If you're in the mood for a headache, do yourself a favor and click on there and listen to the amount of "likes" she uses in the first two minutes. A clear indication of an inability to form sentences and excel in public speaking. "And he was like, and I was like, and then he was like, and I was like. And, like, I have like, a dozen..." Wow. Just... wow. When it comes to hosting a podcast, there is something to be said about putting your best foot forward. Choose your guests carefully. For all of our sakes.

Between that awful introduction and seeing a seemingly unending list of 'contributors' to each show... here we go again.
    First of all, the host of the show is not a female. So, I have no idea what you stumbled onto. But, it wasn't the WDWNT podcast.

Secondly, the enhanced podcast breaks the show up into chapters so that you can skip ahead to certain ones if you wish. They can also put pictures into the show. For example, when they first came out with many of the Fantasyland expansion scale models they had photographers at the event and were able to show you each picture as they were talking about it.

Lastly, if all you're going to do is tear everything apart and complain about it I'd suggest just skipping podcasts altogether.

First of all, the host of the show is not a female. So, I have no idea what you stumbled onto. But, it wasn't the WDWNT podcast.
    I had clicked on the link for "WDW Tunes", which took me to the "See You Real Late" portion of the show. That particular show they were running opened with an interview or something of a randome woman talking about her husband and his appearance on the Millionaire attraction, and then something about pins or whatever. The insane number of times she said "like" turned me off immediately. So no, I haven't heard the actual WDWNT podcast yet. Just have to search for one that doesn't have half a dozen people all playing co-host. I've never been one for those roundtable-style shows because they are generally never done well. To me, it's a lot like morning radio. Too many co-hosts all talking over each other while individually not contributing anything worthwhile is awfully hard on the ears.

Secondly, the enhanced podcast breaks the show up into chapters so that you can skip ahead to certain ones if you wish. They can also put pictures into the show. For example, when they first came out with many of the Fantasyland expansion scale models they had photographers at the event and were able to show you each picture as they were talking about it.
    Thanks for explaining what the enhanced podcast is. I'd probably just take the basic podcast because if it's plugged in at work or on my headset, or even while driving in my car, I'm not one to check the display while listening to music.
    Lastly, if all you're going to do is tear everything apart and complain about it I'd suggest just skipping podcasts altogether.
    It's fun exploring new podcasts, albeit through a single podcast. You know me -- one who enjoys finding the negative. And so far, there really is some garbage out there. Though to be fair, I didn't listen to WDWNT yet. Just that other segment, and only for a second. I guess my biggest thing is trying to find a quality host. But like you said in an earlier post, you want the 'warts and all' style podcast, and I agree.

And that is certainly what you get with that podcast. If they don't like something they're not going to candy coat it. Actually, even when they love something they'll also look at any and all negatives involved.

I'll definitely have to download their podcast, then. I tried finding the top 10 you recommended, but it took a while to get to that page (thanks to two boxes per show) and by the time I got to 130, it wasn't the one you recommended. As far as their enhanced/basic shows, again, makes sense. But why not have ONE box for the show and explain what's on for the week, then include two download links. Doesn't warrant two seperate boxes, from what I have seen. But that's not important. For now, I need to check out their show. I'll grab one at random and see what it's all about.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

THANK YOU! i never thought this thered would go big.

It went big, but never got around to answering your question.

my question is what makes wdw radio so great. ive listend and i think its as good as peple say it is. i voted it for number 1 tavel podcast. but i want to know why you voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'll definitely have to download their podcast, then. I tried finding the top 10 you recommended, but it took a while to get to that page (thanks to two boxes per show) and by the time I got to 130, it wasn't the one you recommended. As far as their enhanced/basic shows, again, makes sense. But why not have ONE box for the show and explain what's on for the week, then include two download links. Doesn't warrant two seperate boxes, from what I have seen. But that's not important. For now, I need to check out their show. I'll grab one at random and see what it's all about.
    Huh? If #130 wasn't Top Ten Current Attractions you must be in the wrong place.

Here it is on their website http://wdwnewstoday.com/blog/archives/319

But, why do you like doing things the hard way? Do you not have iTunes? If not, you need it. Makes life FAR easier especially when it comes to podcasts.

c'mon guys you're better then this. if he cant find it that's his problem.
    Last edited by nicholas; 03-16-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Was that in English?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast