Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss This weeks episode? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I feel like I'm dying without my weekly episode! Haha But seriously, I saw that Lou tweeted that the show would be late this week. Has anyone heard anything else ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

This weeks episode?

I feel like I'm dying without my weekly episode! Haha

But seriously, I saw that Lou tweeted that the show would be late this week. Has anyone heard anything else about it? Did he happen to mention it during the live show Wednesday?

I hope everyone is having a magical day!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: This weeks episode?

I guess it is going to be so late it will be next week's show…he didn't mention it during the "news" portion, I had to go after that.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

It's unfortunate, this is the second show this year he's missed.
    I remember when I was going through the old episodes he never missed a week even when his dad was dying he prerecorded the episode and had them up every week. It feels like his main focus/passion now are the website and live events. Being a displaced fan, as I am, I miss the old days when his focus was to educate and bring the World to those of us who weren't able to make it down as often as we would like.

Cest la vie.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

two shows missed in six years I say that isn't so bad
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

It definitely isn't. But 2 missed shows in the second month of one year is a little concerning.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm thinking he has himself spread very thin, as a hubby, daddy and all around web guy. Lou gave up interacting on his forums, then Celebrations, yet added tours, blogging, box people, weekly newscasts, guest speaking and meet ups around the country, something has got to give. Maybe weekly podcasts are just too much with his new ventures.

I don't know Lou but am a fan of his enterprise, found him by his Triva Books back in the day of
    DisneyWorldTriva and see how much he has added to his plate, right now he seems to love his voyage into the blog world.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    It's unfortunate, this is the second show this year he's missed.
    I remember when I was going through the old episodes he never missed a week even when his dad was dying he prerecorded the episode and had them up every week. It feels like his main focus/passion now are the website and live events. Being a displaced fan, as I am, I miss the old days when his focus was to educate and bring the World to those of us who weren't able to make it down as often as we would like.

Cest la vie.
    It's not really that big of a deal. We're not paying Lou for any of this, and he owes us nothing. Cut the cat a break.

Can you imagine what it takes to continue to come up with viable subjects week after week 300+ shows down the road?

I don't mean to hate on Lou, I'm a huge fan of his and I admire him so much, him missing a couple of episodes doesn't make me think any less of him. I can't even imagine how busy he must be all the time. Right now I'm just bummed to see that my favorite thing he does is getting out on the back burner for other things I can't participate in.

I would much rather him give up the weekly live show and move the news and rumor mill back into the show.

This whole thread is really about me just being a selfish jerk.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I don't mean to hate on Lou, I'm a huge fan of his and I admire him so much, him missing a couple of episodes doesn't make me think any less of him. I can't even imagine how busy he must be all the time. Right now I'm just bummed to see that my favorite thing he does is getting out on the back burner for other things I can't participate in.

I would much rather him give up the weekly live show and move the news and rumor mill back into the show.

This whole thread is really about me just being a selfish jerk.
    lol. We know what you mean. Alls good.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    It's not really that big of a deal. We're not paying Lou for any of this, and he owes us nothing. Cut the cat a break.

Can you imagine what it takes to continue to come up with viable subjects week after week 300+ shows down the road?
    Hey….he owes me money….GET TO WORK LOU! Oh wait….that's Otis who owes me money…never mind.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.