Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Turtle Talk with Crush/The Seas With Nemo in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all are those two attractions really geared for little children (and then anyone even near adult age would appreciate it and/or feel out of place), or are they just ...
    RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder

Turtle Talk with Crush/The Seas With Nemo

Hey all are those two attractions really geared for little children (and then anyone even near adult age would appreciate it and/or feel out of place), or are they just suitable for children, yet enjoyed by everyone?
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well...I personally think Turtle Talk with Crush is really geared towards children. We didn't go this trip, but on past trips Crush seems to only focus on younger children while ignoring any adults or older children/teens present. YMMV

As for the new Nemo ride in the seas, I think that is a ride for the entire family. Although, I prefer the musical in AK to the ride in Epcot.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I thought Turtle Talk was awesome. Just watching the children interact and trying to figure out HOW it was done is half the entertainment. I plan to go again. The Nemo ride was not as entertaining to me. I likened it to the Snow White ride; interesting in parts, but nothing I'd HAVE to visit again unless I had someone under 5 with me.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I'm almost 19 and loved both. Yeah, I think both are mainly geared for children, but I think they are just as entertaining to an adult. That, AND I'm a 18 year old kid
    Tina

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Turtle Talk is great . Certainly it is geared towards kids, but it was kick for adults too.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Both attractions have their little bits of humor aimed at the adults right over the heads of the kiddies, as Disney does so well. I'm a, well, much older than 18-year-old kid and I enjoy Turtle Talk immensely. Turtle Talk also depends a bit on the particular audience at the show you are attending, since it is interactive. Some times the adults are pulled in more, other times the kids steal the show.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

magical75 is offline A-Ticket holder
    both attractions really focus on getting a reaction from the kids, and i just love the expressions on their faces during that time.
    Host of "The World In News" on the Character Breakfast Podcast. www.srsounds.com

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by magical75 View Post
    both attractions really focus on getting a reaction from the kids, and i just love the expressions on their faces during that time.
    Me too! I just love the answers kids can give to the questions, or just the things they think of--that's the entertainment in itself! It's very "kids say the darndest things".
    Tina

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Andy and I are both well past childhood and both loved Turtle Talk. It is just so clever and great to see the way the children interact with the characters - even if you don't have children yourself.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've never been on TTWC but I can't wait to go on the Nemo ride!It looks really good.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    Haven't been to Turtle Talk wiht Crush but I think The Seas With Nemo ride is overrated although the play rocks

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We didn't do TTWC last time we were there but we did ride "Nemo". Personally I didn't care for the attraction (although the effects at the end are very cool), not something I'll do again unless I have a little one with me.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Is the Nemo musical open in AK?? as you could tell by the ticker I'm going pretty soon and never heard anything about its opening..
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder
    I returned from Disney in the past week and did both attractions. The Seas was good but nothing special. Turtle Talk, however, was a riot and the technology invloved. Although it is designed for the kiddies, anyone can truly enjoy it. Enough was said to entertain the older crowd.

Also to answer the above question, YES, Finding Nemo the Musical is up and running. Very impressive and Broadway-like for a short theme park show. The costumes reminded me a lot of Lion King on Broadway. Make sure to check it out.
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Haven't been on the Nemo ride but most reviews around the net are the kiddies like it, adults, eh.

I have seen TT and its primarily kiddie oriented. The animation is neat, but otherwise, how entertaining it is to adults depends on what the kiddies say when the mike is placed in front of them, and whether you enjoy watching that.

Its ok, but we were in one show where every single kid froze up when they had their chance to ask their question. Crush made a few jokes about it, but it was pretty flat.

If the kids are lively though, and you like that sort of thing, it can be ok.