Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Huge Dilemma in the Vacation Planning forums; I just saw a few days ago that the restaurant in Japan, Teppanyaki, has changed its rehab dates. Instead of being closed until the end of May, it's now closed ...
    katiebelle17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Huge Dilemma

I just saw a few days ago that the restaurant in Japan, Teppanyaki, has changed its rehab dates. Instead of being closed until the end of May, it's now closed until the beginning of July! My trip is scheduled for June 16-27 and I had made a PS there thinking it would be open. Here's the dilemma: I am a super planner and now I have a dinner meal open. I know I want to eat at a table service restaurant in Epcot, but I'm not sure where to go. I already have PS for the restaurants in Mexico, Italy, China, and Canada. Any suggestions of where we should dine? (I've been thinking about the Coral Reef but I've seen mixed reviews)

Welcome to the boards!!

What about France or the Garden Grill? Rose & Crown isn't bad either. You already have my favorite on your list -Canada.

Good luck figuring it out!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    The Coral Reef is has really great atmosphere..its worth a try, if you schedule dinner early and arrive early you can normally be sat right next to the aquarium!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

butch61 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Go to the Garden Grill it's got great food and is great fun!
    Disney Magic Forever

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I had two wonderful meals at Coral Reef last year, and would definitely recommend it. Garden Grill is a character meal, with skillets of food brought to the table for the family to share. It was good but not at the same level as Coral Reef.

There is a review of Coral Reef in the MouseMap section http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=477 for another opinion.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I would have to second the Garden Grill, it's my favorite character meal on property. The food is amazing, and the character interaction has always been a lot of fun!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like the Garden Grill and the Coral Reef. Both are good choices. I think kids would enjoy Garden Grill better and it is a LOT of food. Coral Reef is great for kids also and is also more romantic. Not sure what your group is made up of but maybe that will help.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    What about Morocco?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have never been to the Coral Reef, but the Garden Grill was good food and great interaction with the characters.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    I second Morocco, especially if you love spices (spices, not spicy) & live entertainment.
    I can't give my opinion about Coral Reef (never went) but it's something I would want to try.

You can go here:
    http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

to view the menus of most (if not all) restaurants.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite