Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rose Petal Salad from Top of the World in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay so I'm in college now (for animation! whoot!) and since I'm living in an apartment, I need to make food myself. My mom let me steal this recipe book ...
    MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Rose Petal Salad from Top of the World

Okay so I'm in college now (for animation! whoot!) and since I'm living in an apartment, I need to make food myself. My mom let me steal this recipe book I've loved my whole life, cuz of the pretty pictures of Mickey throughout. It's a cookbook from 1986, entitled something like cooking around the world with mickey. The first thing I wanted to try was the Rose Petal Salad from the Top of the World restraunt at the Contemporary. I've never eaten there myself, and have no idea what this finished thing is supposed to look like. And the directions aren't very clear. I think it says to leave the lettuce head just chopped in half. And do I need to do anything else to the rose petals? (no poisoning myself, I hope...) How can I even tell what a "Sweetheart rose petal" looks like?

Can anyone help? Perhaps if you know where I can see a picture of it, or just describe it better if you've had it...
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This is an interesting question. I had no idea rose petals were eatible, but I did find another recipe for a salad using rose petals on the net. The directions didn't seem to match anything close to what you were saying so it probably wouldn't be helpful. Good luck in figuring out this one.
    The recipe I found did state that the petals needed to be clean and free of pests. (Guess that included pesticides too.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Rose petals ARE in fact edible. I work in a floral shop when I'm in Wisconsin, and all that I know is that most people do some sort of cleansing process to them, however I could not tell you what it is. You can eat them though. If I find anything or hear anything I'll let you know.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well thanks anyway. ^^
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)