Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss stollers allowed on any rides? in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone? smilly faces cool....
    Shoplifting4fun is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

stollers allowed on any rides?

Anyone?

smilly faces cool.

Shoplifting4fun is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    hello?

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm pretty sure there is no ride that allows for the stoller to come on board. If there is it has to be folded
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If you mean strollers, as in baby strollers, then most rides do not allow them on. You have to park the stroller in a designated area outside the ride. Same goes for restaurants, too.

A few attractions allow them to be folded and brought on board, but not with the kid still in it - the Railroad, and the Backlot Tour at MGM are two that come to mind.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

okay I thought they might have a parking area for them. I was a little worried about leaving a $170 stroller just out front and it would be gone when we came back. Do they rent Disney strollers? Our mall rents strollers that look like cars, kids love.

Yes, stroller rentals are available at all the parks. They run $10 - $18 a day, for either a single or double stroller. You may find this page helpful: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/strol_faq.htm
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

awesome, this is a wealth of information. One little last question? What stops someone from taking the rental or my own stroller parked there? Like is there claim tickets or is that being silly to think about this as a problem or concern.

Amy

Honor system stops most people from taking someone else's property. Rental strollers have big signs on them saying who they were rented by. It is best to put ID on your own stroller, as well as something like a bright ribbon or tag that is easy to identify as yours. Stroller theft is pretty uncommon, if it happens it most often was a case of mistaken identity - someone took a stroller that looked just like their own. Theft of things left in unattended strollers is more of a problem.

Most people don't realize that there are Cast Members stationed at each area responsible for keeping the walkways and area neat and tidy. They frequently rearrange strollers, so you may come out of an attraction to find your stroller isn't exactly where you left it, but usually no more than a few feet away.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    There are Hundreds of home brought strollers out side each ride. There usually is a CM at the parking area, and I have never seen any one lose their stroller. If you child isnt an infant and can sit up by themself, just pick up a cheaper Umbrella stoller and just use that..... I got a cheap one a Wal-mart for around $20..... nothing fancy, but it was alot cheaper than renting a stroller for 5-6 days.

Rental stroller have a sign on the back with the family name on it, so its hard to take the wrong one
    Have a great Time!!!!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    A few attractions allow them to be folded and brought on board, but not with the kid still in it - the Railroad, and the Backlot Tour at MGM are two that come to mind.
    LMMEO....sorry dame...the picture that brought into my head was just too funny. A folded up stroller and all you can see is a childs arms and legs sticking out the top.

The RR is the only one I can think of too. We had no problem leaving ours parked
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    You can take your stroller on the trian to Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK, you have to fold it up though and hold it upright next to you. Child can't be in it while in motion.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    There's that picture again....LOL poor kid must be very flexible LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Waldo_Bernice is offline A-Ticket holder

Stroller situation

Strollers were not a concern. Employees or cast were very attentive to Stroller monitoring. I had the same concerns.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    No but know worry there safe CM are great about watch them
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

pudgethefish is offline A-Ticket holder
    I understand your worries (as I had the same) but I have been to WDW about a dozen times with my stroller and never had a problem. Although, I did buy a travel stroller (Combi) that folds up very small, lightweight, and has a carrying strap for about $50 and brought that stroller with me (instead of my expensive one). It was still cheaper than renting a stroller and if the airline damaged it or it got "lost" I wouldn't be as upset as I would have been with my "expensive" stroller.

I have rented strollers at WDW and they are great. The biggest cons to renting are no reclining seats and that at the end of the day they need to be left in the park (meaning you have to carry your exhausted kid to the bus and hotel room).

Have a great trip!
    Amy