Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where has your ride gotten stuck? in the Vacation Planning forums; I thought this would be a moderatly interesting thread because I know I have had a few intances where the ride I was on got stuck, and I had a... ...
    Quintessence is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Where has your ride gotten stuck?

I thought this would be a moderatly interesting thread because I know I have had a few intances where the ride I was on got stuck, and I had a... well I don't want to say tramatising, but an interesting experience. So basically just post about when a ride/ dark ride or any sort of WDW attraction stopped in a place it wasn't supposed to. I'll start us off.

I have been on everest 5 times since it opened, but in my last trip down I was on everest when I had a different experience. We were at the part where you stop after going backwards, pause, and then go fowards again off the big drop. We had stopped and were watched the shadow of the yeti rip up the tracks. Now I had been on everest enough to realize that the pause was a bit longer than usual. I though any time now, anytime now we should be going. But we didn't. We just sat there, in that dark cave tunnel, with the sound of wind howling around us. It was scary for the first part. but then I started to relax, and everyone on our train started talking to each other they were chatting on a park bench. Then the sound of wind randomly stopped. Then after maybe... 15 minutes, though it seemed like and hour the wind started up agian, and we could tell we were going to move again so everybody cheered. My and my friend were pretty jittery so when the train suddenly screeched maybe a foot backwards I almost had a heart attack. Next we could see the track swiveling, which actually was kinda cool, then we were off again, strait down the drop. When we got off the cast member wouldn't tell us what was wrong... but I guess he didn't know. It actually was kinda fun though, and I'm glad we got to do it. Even thought i spose it was a bit tramaticing. So, sorry my description is quite long... and happy posting!
    "Is that my voice? Is that my voice?!"

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well we were on the HM and we got stopped right where the spiders are upstairs
    on the nemo ride where the EAC tunnel is (made me sick!)
    and i think they were stuck because they were loading handicap people on
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I was on Snow White on Thursday morning, and I was in the dark part where the dwarfs are climbing up the mountain and the witch is about to fall off, that part, and all of a sudden, it went bright! All the emergency lights went on.

The ride looked REALLY gross with the lights on. I'm glad that it's a dark ride. It didn't look clean and it looked really creepy with all the lights on. Luckily, all the lights turned off after about a minute. I have no clue what happened though.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Got stuck on POTC once, for 11 min. We stopped right were the pirates are in the village singing the song, maybe a yard away from the bridge with the pirate. Needless to say, the song got real old after the first five min.

On the HM we got stopped at the shaking dog. That was kinda cool and it was only for about 5 min.

On RnR we were in the sits waiting for the ride to stop and the ride broke down. So we had to get out the cars and wait in a hallway, but it was taking too long to fix so we left.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It seems like every time i go on the HM i get stuck in the part where the guys trying to get out of the coffin

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    It seems like in the past 20 years I have been stuck on every ride at some time or another but by far the worst was when my family and I got stuck in the old World Of Motion, or "The Car Ride" as it was commonly called when i was younger, and we were in the scene where there are either 3 or 4 men "pitching" ideas for what would be there wheel to the King. One man was holding a square, one a triangle, and one a pentagon shaped wheel, each of them were waiting in line to see the King and the man standing at the throne of the King was holding a round shaped object as his idea for the wheel, at this point the King finds a round wheel to be VERY funny. And to express this he was laughing ever so obnoxiously, well we get stuck here for about an hour, before someone finally came and got us off of the ride. This laugh was the most annoying thing in any of the parks that i have ever heard and it will be forever ingrained into my mind!

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

a lot

1st off... i have been pics of space mountain w/ lights on (just ask if you want to see)

I have been stuck on
    1. Space Mountain
    2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Buzz Lightyear
    5. Haunted Mansion
    6. Its a Small World
    7. Spaceship Earth
    8. Test Track
    9. Rock n' Roller Coaster (about to launch)
    10. Primevil Whirl

i am very unlucky....
    o and all 3 mountains i got stuck on in 1 day!!!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    It seems like every time i go on the HM i get stuck in the part where the guys trying to get out of the coffin

haha too-shay
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    On Wednesday I got stuck on it's a small world. We were in the very last room and all the lights came on and I must have been sitting there for about ten minutes.
    I called my mom and told her I was stuck. She said...
    "That sounds like something you would have nightmares about."

I thought that was a pretty good one from mom.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    On Wednesday I got stuck on it's a small world. We were in the very last room and all the lights came on and I must have been sitting there for about ten minutes.
    I called my mom and told her I was stuck. She said...
    "That sounds like something you would have nightmares about."

I thought that was a pretty good one from mom.
    Great...like Kingdom Keepers didn't already give me enough reasons not to want to ride on IASW...now hearing you got stuck.

FORGET IT! I'm never getting on that ride again!

Quintessence is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Howdizzle View Post
    9. Rock n' Roller Coaster (about to launch)
    Jeez, I think I would pass out if that happened to me! The launch freaks me out enought without minutes of extra time to contemplate the skin being pulled of my face.

Oh and I have seen a few pictures of spaceship earth with the lights on, but I haven't been lucky enough to actually see it in person... sniff.
    "Is that my voice? Is that my voice?!"

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Great...like Kingdom Keepers didn't already give me enough reasons not to want to ride on IASW...now hearing you got stuck.

FORGET IT! I'm never getting on that ride again!

Lol I know!!
    A person could go insane being stuck in that room for too long!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Pirates
    Haunted Mansion
    Test Track

mastersquirrel7 is offline A-Ticket holder

I got stuck

I got stuck on the peoplemover in front of the model of the future city, and I was there for a good 30 minutes, when castmembers finally came and took us down stairs and we were brought through a tunnel of sorts and let out in the middle of tomorrowland
    Today Holds the Challenge to make this world a better place to be, new Horizons for you, and for me

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I got stuck in Spaceship Earth, when the cards are going down and backwards, and are up high.
    It's a good thing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast