Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Kilimanjaro Safari ? in the Vacation Planning forums; How long does the Kilimanjaro Safari last? What is the best time of day for the animals to be active, early morning or late evening? thanks x...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

Kilimanjaro Safari ?

How long does the Kilimanjaro Safari last?

What is the best time of day for the animals to be active, early morning or late evening?

thanks x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    The ride itself is about 20 minutes long. I've found that the best time to ride is first thing in the morning since it's cooler and a lot of the animals are out and active.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If you can go on one of the days that they have the extra magic hours in the morning, you will be able to see many of the animals. They tend to feed them early in the morning which means that you will be able to see many more as the feeding stations are along the route.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    The ride itself is about 20 minutes long. I've found that the best time to ride is first thing in the morning since it's cooler and a lot of the animals are out and active.

EXACTLY..... Once it gets to warm, most of the animals go under water (hippos, etc, ) or go somewhere in the shade.... If you go EARLY when they first come out, you will definatley see MORE animals!!!!

PS Sometime the ride is longer.... if the animals decide to block a path... 2 years ago we had a Rhino just stand in the road and would not more and the driver was afraid if she got to close he might charge the vehicle as he was just out side my window, felt like i could grab his horn..... he finally backed up.... got great picture though!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That would be my luck. The rhino would flip the truck over.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    the late afternoon is also a good time because they are being put back and getting a final feeding. Last time we went around 3 or 4 and they were feeding them and I was able to see every animal it was amazing. I've been on the ride many times but never been able to see all the animals in one shot.
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

KristenGwyn2006 is offline A-Ticket holder
    About 20 minutes..Thats one of my favorite ride!!!
    Walt Disney World Trips
    August 1999-Offsite
    July 2006-Offsite
    June 2007- POR
    June 2008- POR
    July 2010- POR

...Hakuna Matata...
    It means no worries