Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Mayor Of The Magic Kingdom in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a question.....There is a picture that I saw on the photo gallery (on this website) of a older man, who seems like he's the mayor of the Magic ...
    DisneyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder

The Mayor Of The Magic Kingdom

I have a question.....There is a picture that I saw on the photo gallery (on this website) of a older man, who seems like he's the mayor of the Magic Kingdom/Disney World. He's dressed in a Mayor's outfit, with the sash, and everything, and he was talking with some people on Main Street U.S.A. I was wondering if he ever gets to operate the rides because when I went on "It's A Small World" In January of this year, there was a man who looked exactly the same as the man in the picture, sitting up in the control booth above the boats (which passed underneath it). He was waving at everyone and blowing kisses to all of the kids. I was riding in one of the wheelchair boats, in my manual wheelchair, and as we were getting ready to pass underneath the "control tower", he either blew a kiss to me, or bowed, I can't remember which as I wasn't paying attention. I look small and young for my age, like maybe in my late teens, even though I'm only 24. Anyway, I was just wondering about that.

I was also wondering about what happened to the operators of "It's A Small World" now that it's being worked on. Did they get assigned to other rides until "It's A Small World" opens up again in May of next year??

Thanks, Samantha

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I can't comment on if the person you saw was one and the same, but generally people in his role would not be Attractions Hosts or Hostesses. Perhaps he was just performing there, or visiting people in Fantasyland.

The gentleman you saw is the Mayor of Main St. USA - Mayor Weaver.
    He currently appears on Main St.
    Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30am, 12:45pm;
    Thursday at 10:00 & 11:00am, 12:00, 1:15 & 2:30pm
    according to Steve Soares' site.

But personally, I haven't seen the Mayor in lands other than Main St.

Generally, the attractions hosts and hostesses in Fantasyland can work on many attractions; nobody could possibly stay sane working at IASW 5 days a week (I would think). My guess is that they're just doing other Fantasyland attractions in the meantime, perhaps resulting in a small reduction in available overtime.

DisneyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Sam Iam; I had been curious about that, because the mayor and the ride operator of "It's A Small World" (when I went on it) looked so identical to each other. By the way, the license plate on my mom's car is the same name as your screen name. She's been getting a lot of comments and compliments from people on it. One woman even offered her $500.00 to sell it to her (the license plates), but my mom refused.

Samantha

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    May I suggest security screws? I know someone who had their vanity plates stolen....

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    May I suggest security screws? I know someone who had their vanity plates stolen....
    Not a bad idea, considering that someone was willing to pay $500 for it.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!