Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Treasures of Walt Disney World in the Vacation Planning forums; I always here Lou talking about the little treasures that exist at Walt Disney World that not everyone knows about. I love dicovering all the intimate details that make Disney ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Treasures of Walt Disney World

I always here Lou talking about the little treasures that exist at Walt Disney World that not everyone knows about. I love dicovering all the intimate details that make Disney World the most special place on earth. I would love for people to share there dicoveries of the treasure they have discovered on there visits to the park. The one I would like to share is the night time fireworks display on the Seven Seas Lagoon. My family called about getting a boat to watch it from the lake outside the magic kingdom. They mentioned the Grand One would be a nice place to watch for our big group. I had never even heard of it. We rented it for a couple hours. Brought are own food and saw the fireworks in a fashion that I had never dreamed. Hopefully everyone has events like this to share. I just would love to know what I am missing.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Another treasure of Disney World I just thought of is the California Grill. If you can get a night time reservation you can see a really unique look at the fire works from magic kingdom. They open the shades and the restaraunt begins to sparkle with the display of fireworks. There is also roof access avaible from the restaraunt and you have to see it to believe it. They even have the music playing up there.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    6-4-05

Ok i thought of another little treasure. Has anyone else done the story time at Fort Wilderness. Not very many people know about it but it is great. We did it about 3 years ago and loved it.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    6-4-05

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    To me , a lttle hidden treasure are some of the "side streets" on Main Street USA. They are little, quiet areas that hardly anyone is ever at, and are great places to relax quietly for a bit.
    It's a good thing!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think mine has to be the miniature railroad at Epcot by the Germany Pavillion. I could watch that for days.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My wife would say Franck's at the Wedding Pavilion was her hidden treasure. Franck's, named after Martin Short's character in "Father of the Bride," is the WP's wedding coordinator office. The office lobby is a showroom that has displays and samples of the things you can get for your WDW wedding such as cakes, invitations, flowers, candles, card holders, etc, much of it obviously Disney themed. While we did not personally have our wedding or honeymoon at WDW, my wife used to be a wedding coordinator, so for her it was really cool to see all this stuff, and she always thinks of it as the highlight of our trip.

The only catch is that Franck's is by appointment only, and not open to the public. When we first walked up, the front doors were locked. The only reason we got in was that one of the wedding coordinators happened to be walking through the showroom as we were peering through the windows, so we knocked, and she was nice enough to let us in and just browse while she continued to work.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love the little boat that takes you from Port Orleans FQ to Downtown Disney. It is so relaxing to see the sights and listen to the music.

I agree; the boat trips, whether it is the one you mentioned, or one of hte many others available, are always fun and relaxing.
    It's a good thing!

I couldn't agree more about Franck's. My wife and I got married at Disney World in June 2005. The planning process was somthing I will cherish forever. We did everything at Franck's We had a wedding corrdinator(Chuck Rodrigez) assigned to us for six months helping us every step of the way.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    6-4-05

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    I love the little boat that takes you from Port Orleans FQ to Downtown Disney. It is so relaxing to see the sights and listen to the music.
    I have always wanted to do that. We have stayed at Port Orleans and didn't even know there was a boat. We haven't been back since. What all do you get to see along the way?
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    6-4-05

Ok I am going to keep working hard to make sure this thread doesn't die and unjust death. So with that said another treasure that I though of is the Miniture Golf Courses. If you have never played mini golf on there course you are truly missing out. They are both very unique and well done. They are by far the two best course I have ever played. If you are looking for a more challenging course try the links coure at Fantasia Gardens. Whichever one you pick you are in for a wonderful time.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    6-4-05

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A hidden treasure I have yet to experience is the Tri-Circle D Ranch at Ft. Wilderness where the MK horses live. I've always wanted to visit there. I've seen home video on YouTube where they've got a mini tour & a lot of photos on the walls documenting the history of the place. They've got farm animals for the kids to see, and hayrides at night. Always thought the whole experience would be a relaxing day.

That reminds me, the Electric Water Pageant is also a hidden treasure to me. Although it's seen by so many guests to the 3 hotels on the lagoon, no one really ever talks about it much as I suppose it's really not much to look at - my guess is they've kept it basically as it originally debuted back in the 70's with little or no upgrades. The reason it's nice for me to see is that they really have no reason to keep it running as they can't possibly be making any money off of it, but there it is, untouched all these years. It's a nice salute to WDW's origins.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I have always wanted to try the mini-golf courses....especially the links sourse!
    It's a good thing!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i want see the lights on the water and i wanna go to the campground and now i wanna go play golf...LOL i'm only going to be there a week.. some much to do and so lil time!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    The gardens around England in EPCOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast