Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss disney dining plan questions in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone Has anyone used the disney dining plan at walt disney world?? If so, do you have any tips, secrets or experiences to share?? I'll be going for the ...
    starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question disney dining plan questions

Hi Everyone Has anyone used the disney dining plan at walt disney world?? If so, do you have any tips, secrets or experiences to share?? I'll be going for the first time to WDW and it will be in the summer time (for the Fourth of July Week) so anything you share will help a lot!!! Thanks
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I used it on my last visit and will be using it again when I go back in May. I really liked it, and thought that it saved us alot of money. If youre going to be making sandwiches and bringing them to the park or only eating counter service meals then its probably not worth it, but if you're going to be eating at sit down places alot for dinner then I would definitely reccomend it. The only thing that I dont like is that you can only get a dining plan for the amount of nights your staying for, so if your gonna be going into the parks on your last day then you'll need to buy your meals.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    We used it on our last trip and we loved it. If you're in a position where you will be eating table service food, then it is a must have because it saves you tons of money. I think they charge you something like $35 a day per person and it is very easy to eat a snack, a counter-service meal and a table service meal for well over $35 per person per day. A bonus for my girlfriend and I is that it allowed us to eat at some places that we may not have otherwise eaten. I definitely suggest that you give it a try. It's great!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh my gosh it's so fabulously worth it. Character meals can sometimes cost almost $30 so then just one meal and the rest of the day is free. The best part is getting to choose foods that you normally would not. You get dessert with almost every meal, which is something that I never pay for. Granted, you get a lot of food but I found myself choosing things I could take with me and snack on later. Just don't waste your snack credits on things like drinks or anything under $2. Save them for your day at Epcot and snack credit yourself around the World Showcase. The only sad thing is that Fulton's is not on the plan.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh, and the tip is always included which made me feel guilty the first couple of days but then I got over it.

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Yeah, I felt the same way. One one or two occasions, I tipped a little extra. I think they get 15% and I typically tip 20% so I gave a little extra at the Coral Reef and Alfredo's because those guys did a really great job.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I wrote a pretty detailed article about the Dining Plan last fall, you can read it here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=442

The big change they made this year is they closed the loophole that would allow you to use a child's credit for an adult meal. Now the credits are identified separately as "child" or "adult" and can only be used for the appropriate meal.

It is still a great deal if you like to eat a lot, and are willing to plan ahead.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

where would you say is the best places to use table credits at sit down restaruants?
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have used mine at Le Cellier, Nine Dragons, Tony's Town Square, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time, Hollywood and Vine and probably some more that I don't remember. Oh, and Cinderella's Royal Table before it took two credits. Oh, and Ohana's- how can I forget having dinner with Lou and friends there! Cool evening!

I think any place would be good. I intend on using them again.

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    we used it and will use it again my tip is plan ,plan , plan
    because u can book meals 180 days out now (i think) so sometimes the best places to eat get book up and u can't get in them
    the hoop-dee-doo musical revue is a very good one to go to the show is great and
    Le Cellier is also a good one
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If your question was a little more specific it would be easier to answer. What exactly are you wanting to know? If you want to know if we love it, we DO!
    They call me "Nana"

Well to be specific, i will be going to walt disney world for seven days in july and have a 5 day park hopper for all the parks. It's going to be my first time there, and i'll be going with 3 people in my family. My question was which places is it worth it to use the table credits in your opinion and why? Or do you have secrets or tips of how to use the credits to get the most out of the plan? I would love to hear some more of your experiences or cool things you learned while you where at WDW to help others (as well as myself) plan their trip better . (Did i make my question more specific?? i hope so ) Thanks for helping me!!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We used it the last time we went and it was well worth it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    To maximize the value of the table service credits, check out the information on Mousesavers.com, specifically http://www.mousesavers.com/mywplusdining2007.html and http://www.mousesavers.com/diningplantips2007.html, which has a list of the most expensive meals you can get on a single table service credit.

Also, check out the menus on AllEarsNet.com (under Dining). There you can see all the restaurants. what they offer, and the prices on the menus.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page