Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Celebrities at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Seen a celebrity roaming the parks? Rode next to Pam Anderson on Splash Mountain? Was that really Mel Gibson in the Pecos Bill restrooms? If you have a picture of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Celebrities at WDW

Seen a celebrity roaming the parks? Rode next to Pam Anderson on Splash Mountain? Was that really Mel Gibson in the Pecos Bill restrooms?

If you have a picture of a celebrity at WDW, post it here!

Here's one to get things started:

David Cassidy ("The Partridge Family") (OK, maybe not an A-list celeb, but hey...) recently got into the holiday spirit while vacationing at the Walt Disney World Resort.

During his visit, Cassidy posed for a picture at the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at the Disney-MGM Studios.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    If you have a picture of a celebrity at WDW, post it here!
    Does Mickey count?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Many years ago we met Michael Anthony, bassist for Van Halen, in the gift shop in TomorrowLand. But my brother and I were too chicken to go ask him for an autograph, so we made our sister, Melissa ask first.

During our band trip to the World in 1989, my best friend and I would tell everyone in line in front of us that we had just seen Tom Cruise over by the ______. They would immediately get out of line to look for him. I don't think we waited long for any ride on the trip!!!!

If any of you were in the World on that day, and lost your place
    in line because of that, I am sorry!!!!
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 12-28-2004 at 09:44 AM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We saw Regis Philbin eating at the table across from us at Teppenyaki on December 3rd. However, we didn't bother him during his meal. Unfortunately, the family at the other table sent their two little girls over for an autograph while the man was trying to eat.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    My DD saw Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at Rock 'n Roll Coaster in April while waiting for her DH. He and his entourage rode by themselves. My DD reports he looks like he's 70 years old and as skinny as the dog in the graveyard scene in HM. However, dozens of young women (and some not so young) were screaming their lungs out and trying to touch him. What a great country we have!

P.S. WDW News lists celebs that visit with pics most of the time. Alas, I no longer can assess the site since they did not buy my connection to the press--remember the Three Stooges episode with the Press, Press, and Pull knobs from the bathroom? Well, I registered and they must have checked my credential (I used my school newspaper), but I did have access for a few months. If only I had a valid e-mail address of a registered user I would be in WDW Heaven again.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 12-28-2004 at 11:41 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

During our band trip to the World in 1989, my best friend and I would tell everyone in line in front of us that we had just seen Tom Cruise over by the ______. They would immediately get out of line to look for him. I don't think we waited long for any ride on the trip!!!!
    Good tip! I'll have to try that one!
    -Taylor

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I tried to register with WDW News but it would give me an error message when i tried to get to the new user page.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by Disnatic
    I tried to register with WDW News but it would give me an error message when i tried to get to the new user page.
    You need to be an approved member of the press to gain access.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    You need to be an approved member of the press to gain access.
    Hey, um, Lou...do you, er, happen to know any of these, er, "approved members of the press" that, er, might be able to share some of these things with us?
    -Taylor

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey

I think I would be one of those girls who would run as fast as possible to meet Tom Cruise!
    Izzy

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    We actually had a few this last trip:

It started with seeing Gloria Estefan in Ohana's on December 4th

Mom with Gloria Estefan

and then on December 7th we did a meet and greet after a show at the HOB:
    Lead singer of Lola Ray

Lead singer of Lost Prophets

More band members

Last edited by tiggerwannabe; 01-13-2005 at 10:41 AM.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Hey, um, Lou...do you, er, happen to know any of these, er, "approved members of the press" that, er, might be able to share some of these things with us?
    WDW News basically contains all the info you can get on the regular WDW site, with a few exceptions If you try to access the site, Disney will trace your IP address, I guarantee. If Lou gave you, or anyone else, the passwords and necessary e-mail address he would be liable if you, or anyone else, downloaded and/or published embargoed and/or copywrited news items and/or photos/videos, etc. Take it from me, you would not want the Disney lawyers knocking on your door, or worse Uncle Bruno for that matter.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

flutter is offline Moderator
    I saw Josh Morrow at the Beach club in Dec. but didn't get a picture.

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw Regis' hair in April 2001. It was during the soft opening of Who Wants to be A Millionaire: Play it! and he was down for some promotional stuff. Saw him walking beind something, therefore why I only saw his hair.

A few years after the Mickey Mouse Club was cancelled, saw Damon Pampolina at Mickey's Toontown Fair (It may've still been Starland at that point -- the Disney Afternoon show was still playing). He apparently remained in the park for a while as a cast member, doing crowd control for the Mickey meet and greet that day.

Before that, I vaguely remember seeing John Davidson (of Hollywood Squares, Happiest Millionaire, and One and Only Genuine Original Family Band fame) performing on the stage in front of American Adventure.

-Tim

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I was there I think two or three trips ago (so, two or three years ago) when John Stamos (full house) and his then-wife Rebecca Romjain Stamos were there-they were getting shuttled to the front of Space Mountain while we were waiting in line. I know they were big Disney fans and used to go a couple times a year.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast