Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Theme Park tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering if anyone could answer this. I have two other girls who will be going w/ me down to Disney World in late August. We already have a ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question Theme Park tickets

I was wondering if anyone could answer this. I have two other girls who will be going w/ me down to Disney World in late August. We already have a room booked for us at All-Stars Music, but haven't purchased theme park tickets. I know Florida residents can get them for a whole lot cheaper, and both of my friends have relatives that live in FL. Unforunately, one of them who is actually from FL, but now is no longer a Florida resident (why?), so we can't get the tickets through her. However, what if she or my other friend were to get tickets through one of their parents/relatives? Are there certain restrictions on who is allowed to purchase and give away tickets, even if one of the family members happens to be related to one of us??? We're college students, so we're trying to keep this trip as low-budgeted as possible. But anyway, mainly, I was just wondering if someone who had a relative or parent who is a Floridian resident can buy tickets only b/c they have someone who is related to them for two other people??? If you don't get what I'm saying, private message me. Hopefully y'all understand. Anyway, thanks for anyone who (accurately) knows!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The only thing I've ever bought from Disney that was restricted to FL residents was our annual passes, and each passholder had to show ID proving FL residency to get the pass. We actually bought the passes at AAA, where they issued us vouchers. We had to take the vouchers to a WDW ticket booth, where we had to show our IDs to get the passes. So I think that even if there was a FL resident discount available on multi-day parkhoppers, it would probably be difficult if not impossible to get them for use by non-resident guests. I've also asked several times in the past, when we had out of state guests, if there were any discounts that we as passholders or FL residents could get for guest tickets, and was always told that no, there were not.

Your best bet, I think, would be to call Disney and see what they say.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    In order to purchase a Florida Resident Admission Media you must have a Florida Resident ID. Even if you have a family member that lives in the state, they can only get the voucher, when you arrive to the Walt Disney World Resort you would need to show a Florida ID to get the special rate. The best way to go is to purchase the most Magic Your Way days with the No Expiration option. That way, any days that you do not use on your vacation, can be used on a future trip to the Walt Disney World Resort.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Lou also mentioned on the WDW Radio Show podcast that they are expecting Disney to announce the return of Free Dining for late August - September. You may find that you'd qualify for that (you would switch your reservation to a Magic Your Way package including the tickets and dining) and it could save you more money than the ticket discount.

Look for Disney's announcement on or around April 12.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    oh wow, I wish I could do that if I didn;t have this annual pass.

Does the free dining apply to FL residents also?
    The Goofy Princess

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    To sort of piggy back off of what was said above... I know a lot of folks think that since you have to show an ID to get the ticket they'll just have their friends pick them up for them with their ID and then pass them on. What most people don't realize is that your name is printed on the tickets. This isn't true of just annual passes... it's true of all FL Resident Tickets. Bottom line... if you don't live in FL, you aren't getting in with a FL resident discount. Sad but true. The only exception to that rule is a child with parents in two locations. For example... my step-son's main residence is in New Hampshire but because his father lives here in FL he gets in on our discount. That will change when he's an adult though of course. Hope that helps!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thanks everyone for your input and knowledge. My friend was telling me the exact same thing. I was pretty bummed about it. But hey, I heard that ticket prices go up in May. Is that true? Just wanted to know for sure. I know we can get tickets at a lower cost before the actual day or week of our vacation. Just wanted to double check. Anyway, thanks again!!!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

SpaceRanger is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm beginning to feel the burn from moving out of Florida. I'm going to miss that Florida resident discount! I'm trying to cling to my DL as long as possible.