Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Bus Service faster for deluxe resorts? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all, I've always been curious about this.. do the deluxe resorts get better preference with bus service? I know that would be an incentive for me to stay at ...
    SpaceRanger is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Bus Service faster for deluxe resorts?

Hey all,

I've always been curious about this.. do the deluxe resorts get better preference with bus service? I know that would be an incentive for me to stay at one as opposed to the moderate resorts. I've always assumed that the deluxe resorts were deluxe because of their proximity to a park. I know if you're staying at the AK Lodge then expect a wait for anything other than the AK because of it's location.

-SR

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    No, the bus service from Deluxe resorts is NOT designed to be any faster or "better" than at other resorts.

In fact, in some cases it may even be slower. For example, the 3 monorail resorts often share buses (such as to MGM, DTD, etc.), while other resorts (such as CBR, CSR, Pop) don't share buses with any other resorts.
    -- Eric

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I don't know if it's designed that way - but i've never ever had to stand on a bus when i've stayed at a moderate or deluxe resort. Many times in a value resort i've had to stand. I counted once when I was waiting for a bus to go back to the All Star Resorts - for every one bus that stopped for us, 5 stopped for Port Orleans. That seems like it's designed to give them better service.

Last year when I stayed at the Contemporary in June, even with sharing with the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, we never waited more than five minutes for a bus - and many weren't close to being full. In my opinion, the deluxe and even moderates get better bus service than the value resorts.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i've stayed at both moderate and deluxe and i've found the bus service to be the same...i think it depends on how far you are from the park and if you share a route...this is just a guess but maybe if you're not sharing a bus w/ another resort they might not run as many buses
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SpaceRanger is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great, thanks for the answers and input. We pretty much always stay at a moderate resort, and the buses have been pretty decent for the most part. The only time we've had to wait a long amount of time has been during a park closing. During the day they're a breeze. So I've always been curious about any preference to deluxe guests.

I think the deluxe resorts on the monorail loop is really the advantage. You have access to MK directly via the monorail, and Epcot by ways of a monorail transfer. So that's two parks with a relatively simpler transfer system. Plus you get the monorail audio playing. Wish the buses had something like that.