Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss I miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion! in the Vacation Planning forums; Being I never go to WDW during the busy time, I haven't been to the Wonders of Life in awhile and I miss it! I love Cranium Command, the celebrity ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion!

Being I never go to WDW during the busy time, I haven't been to the Wonders of Life in awhile and I miss it! I love Cranium Command, the celebrity cameos are awesome... and I liked going on those bikes where you can bike virtually through Disneyland or WDW and I loved the food they had, it was delicious yet healthy! I don't understand why they don't just leave it open year round.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis908 View Post
    Being I never go to WDW during the busy time, I haven't been to the Wonders of Life in awhile and I miss it! I love Cranium Command, the celebrity cameos are awesome... and I liked going on those bikes where you can bike virtually through Disneyland or WDW and I loved the food they had, it was delicious yet healthy! I don't understand why they don't just leave it open year round.
    This is just a guess, but I think they may use it during the off season for private events and such. My sister came down a couple of years ago on a business trip, and she said that they had one or two nights when part of Epcot was open exclusively to the conference she was attending. I doubt that they would just randomly shut down a pavillion during a time when it would otherwise be operating for a private function like that. I'll have to ask her if she remembers what pavillion it was.

Never got to see the pavilion. I wanted to see body wars really bad!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    This is just a guess, but I think they may use it during the off season for private events and such. My sister came down a couple of years ago on a business trip, and she said that they had one or two nights when part of Epcot was open exclusively to the conference she was attending. I doubt that they would just randomly shut down a pavillion during a time when it would otherwise be operating for a private function like that. I'll have to ask her if she remembers what pavillion it was.
    I have indeed heard of that happening, that it's used for private events. But I don't understand why... I mean I am sure business people do not ride the rides lol. It's disappointing. I feel like I am being punished for going during the off season.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think once it's popularity waned it didn't pay to keep it up and running all year round....but i totally miss body wars!!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    Body Wars did not sit to well with those who get motion sickness. The concepts of the pavilion is/was great. But with today's society, not too many people care about health... Disney will probably close it indefinitely and replace it with a new concept of some sort....... just my 2 cents
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If they actually decided to keep it open full time (not a chance), I hope they'd replace Body Wars, a ride that although I like the idea, it makes me motion sick within the first 20 seconds.

On the other hand, Cranium Command is still one of my favorite theme park shows of all time, and I also enjoyed the exercycles and the sensory exhibits. I even liked that Making of Me film, although I suppose I wouldn't miss it if they replaced it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wonders of Life was open last time we visited (December '06), I'm so glad I finally got to see "The Making Of Me", I had been wanting to see that for years. I LOVE Cranium Command, I forgot how much I enjoyed that show until I saw it again. Not everything was operational in the pavillion, I believe the Fiitness section was closed. Got some pics of cool signs (I believe those were posted here in the DWT virtual gym a while back). Body Wars was a lot like Star Tours but gave more people motion sickness.

Got this from the WDW website:

• Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [June 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007]
    • Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [June 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007]
    • Spaceship Earth: Closed for Refurbishment [June 22, 2007 to June 23, 2007]
    • The Making of Me: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [June 1, 2007 to June 30, 2007]

Too bad it won't be open when we're there, I would have like to see Cranium Command again.

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Why dont they just replace it with something totally new. It's not like there is not any property there.... Anyone agree????
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    eventually they will replace it with something new, something is probably on the drawing board as we speak...
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Gym Rat..... I am an Orange Owner too...
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

momike is offline A-Ticket holder

I miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion!

Me too!
    Disneyland 1959, '61, '63, '64, '65, '66
    WDW 1992, '95, '05, '07, December '08

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I do wish they would do something with this pavillon. I personally would like to see a meterology pavillon and bring in StormRider from Tokyo DisneySea
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom