Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss time to see World Showcase? in the Vacation Planning forums; How much time should i save to see the World Showcase?? Is there more to do than just looking around and walking there?? It's my first time to WDW, so ...
    starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question time to see World Showcase?

How much time should i save to see the World Showcase?? Is there more to do than just looking around and walking there??

It's my first time to WDW, so should i go to Epcot for 1 or two days? I'm going the third week in june for a week.

Thanks for your help!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I would allow 2 days for Epcot. For starters, it's very large and there is a lot of walking to get from place to place. Future World can take almost a day by itself, depending on how long the lines are and how much of the secondary stuff you do (every pavilion has its main attraction (ride), most of them also have secondary attractions at the exits. Here's a tip: if you've got someone in your party who is not one to ride the big stuff like Test Track or Mission:Space, have them enter the pavilion through the gift shop/exit. There they will find fun stuff to do while they wait for the rest of the party to get off the ride)

World Showcase has different entertainment in each country - be sure to pick up a times guide as you enter the park to know when you might catch something fun! Canada, China, & France have movies. Mexico and Norway have rides. The American Adventure is not to be missed! The rest are primarily shops and restaurants, with a few exhibit galleries. All of which are great fun to walk through. And be sure to stay for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at closing!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I would allow 2 days for Epcot. For starters, it's very large and there is a lot of walking to get from place to place. Future World can take almost a day by itself, depending on how long the lines are and how much of the secondary stuff you do (every pavilion has its main attraction (ride), most of them also have secondary attractions at the exits. Here's a tip: if you've got someone in your party who is not one to ride the big stuff like Test Track or Mission:Space, have them enter the pavilion through the gift shop/exit. There they will find fun stuff to do while they wait for the rest of the party to get off the ride)

World Showcase has different entertainment in each country - be sure to pick up a times guide as you enter the park to know when you might catch something fun! Canada, China, & France have movies. Mexico and Norway have rides. The American Adventure is not to be missed! The rest are primarily shops and restaurants, with a few exhibit galleries. All of which are great fun to walk through. And be sure to stay for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at closing!
    Thank you for all the tips!! I'll definitely plan for two days here then. If not, then i can park hop on the second day.

What sit down restaurants and counter service places do you recommend?? I'm on the Dining plan, and after seeing all the choices there are to eat at, i don't know which to choose for the two days in Epcot. I am really interested in Coral Reef restaurant, but not completely sure.

Thanks again!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    World Showcase opens at 11 AM and closes at 9 PM. On extra magic hour days EPCOT usually closes at midnight. This summer there will be another Illuminations show at 11:30 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Epcot has the widest variety of choices for food. I mean it is the place with all the countries. It all depends if you want sit down or counter service.

For counter service I love the Land Pavillion and you really can go wrong with any sit down restaurant. Take advantage of your DIning PLan and enjoy the Coral Reed.
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Go to Coral Reef... and be sure to let them know you've never eaten there before. When my fiancee and I went for our first time, we got to sit next to the tank, and they decorated our table for us

I also recommend the Boulangerie Patisserie in France... quick bakery items that are fabulous. I always stop there for a snack.
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'd recommend the Coral Reef as well. Here's a link to a review of it on this site: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...ends_pavilion/

If you haven't found them already, AllEarsNet.com http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm has all the menus from all the restaurants all over WDW. That may help you choose where else you'd like to try. Or make you very hungry.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

fortuosity is offline NOW APPROACHING...
    Trapped in the Earful Tower with the Animaniacs
    I would recommend Alfre... Oh, Never mind. But seriously, if you enjoy German food then Biergarten is not to be missed. If not then the Coral Reef is probably your best bet. However, if you do spend two days at Epcot, you could spend one night at the Coral Reef and another at Biergarten or Le Cellier at Canada.
    More Beer? What For Nothing Helps... Get Me Five Dozen Eggs Instead
    Imagination! Imagination! A Dream Can Be A Dream Come True With Just A Spark In Me And You

America, Keep On Flying Now. Keep Your Spirit Free, Facing New Frontiers

Cinderella CastleSpaceship EarthTree Of LifeEarful Tower

rebedancebeads is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree, Coral Reef is very nice and that might be your best bet. But I also enjoy Chefs De France in France and if you're looking for something a little louder and outgoing maybe Alfredo. it really depends on what types of food you eat on an everyday basis. Like if you are morroccon or enjoy morroccon food I would recommend Marrakesh in the Morrocco Pavilion. But it also really depends on your tastes and what foods you enjoy. If you don't like spicy foods I wouldn't recommend eating in Mexico. Good Luck!
    ~Becky
    Last edited by rebedancebeads; 04-04-2007 at 10:21 PM.
    I HEART DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!!
    ALL YOUR HOPES, WISHES, AND DREAMS WILL COME TRUE

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    definitely try the different deserts in all the different countries! to die for.....
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can't go wrong with Le Cellier although it is very tough to get in unless you book ADR far in advance

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    No one ever mentions the snow cones in Japan. If it's a hot day, they are sooooo refreshing.
    We had a delicious dinner at the China restaurant, and I really like the sauerkraut and sausage in the German café (not the biergarten), but if you're really hungry, I understand the buffet is very good. I've had some really good fish and chips in The Rose and Crown. If you have reserved seating at various Epcot sit down restaurants during certain hours, I think you also get reserved seating for Illuminations. Check that out when you make your reserved seating reservations.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by hafrase View Post

I also recommend the Boulangerie Patisserie in France... quick bakery items that are fabulous. I always stop there for a snack.
    I second that. I just happened upon it last time I was there and I could not resist.

I am not sure what all the Dining PLan includes but if you are looking for something different - Marrakesh in Morocco is wonderful! And not usually very crowded. I absoutely loved it and the atmosphere was just wonderful.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    the fish n chips are the best ones u can get anywhere!!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It takes me two full afternoons and evenings to do World Showcase. It is my favorite part of all WDW. Le Cellier is my hands down favorite WDW eatery. Everything is else is Grade A as well. I just like Le Cellier (can you say "Maple Creme Brulee"?) the best. We like Teppanyaki in Japan, the Biergarten, San Angel Inn, and Restaurant Marrakesh as well. Rose and Crown and Chefs de France are not high on our list, but will do in a pinch.
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast