Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Guest Dress Codes? Tattoo question... in the Vacation Planning forums; I have visible tattoos and I have never had a problem. of course, mine aren't of naked people or anything. pretty sure Coral Reef doesn't have a dress code. we ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I have visible tattoos and I have never had a problem. of course, mine aren't of naked people or anything.

pretty sure Coral Reef doesn't have a dress code. we went in there after a day at Typhoon Lagoon and I had on my swim shorts, a tshirt, and sandals. I think a couple restaurants require "business casual" attire. The only one I can think of specifically is Artist Point b/c my wife and I ate there with nice clothes on and saw some people get turned away b/c of their attire.

If we can dream it, we can do it

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yep I agree...
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I don't know about the Grand Floridian but I can tell you that I ate at the Coral Reef a few months ago and went in my park clothes (shorts, sneakers, t-shirt and Minnie Ears). Because it's a restaurant that sits inside the park gates it'd be really hard for Disney to enforce a dress code.
    I also have visible tattoos but they are cute and not an issue.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It used to be the only restaurant with a dress code was Vicky and Al's place. But I guess all things change

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Artist Point, California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, Narcoosee's and Yachtsman Steakhouse have business casual. Dress shorts, dress pants, Jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters are appropriate. Hats, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-up's, tank tops, t-shirts, torn clothing and flip-flops are NOT permitted.

Victoria & Albert's has formal wear - jacket and dress wear for men, evening dress wear for women. Only a tie is optional for men.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

liljam is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for all of the info. My tats are actually very pretty sleeves, two sparrows and a star on one side and a lotus theme on the other. I'm glad that they don't impose a dress code on those sorts of tattoos, but I would agree that visible obscene tattoos should be covered up without argument for the sake of the children visiting. I would actually respect a dress code if there was one because it is Disney anyway. I think I will try to plan a wardrobe of light tees and sundresses with at least a little sleeve just not to draw attention too much maybe. I take much heart in what children are exposed to and I know that some parents don't want their children to see any ink. It's a difficult world sometimes- trying to be freely expressive and not offensive of others beliefs or morals. Thanks again for the info, the reason I asked is mainly because I did remember reading about the old dress code for long hair and beards!

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You're ok. I have half sleeves on my lower arms, and a few pieces on my uppers, as well as on my legs and this is my fourth year in a row going back. No one has ever questioned me about them!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was told that adults can't wear costumes in the park...probably so that people don't impersonate face characters.
    The Goofy Princess

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    I was told that adults can't wear costumes in the park...probably so that people don't impersonate face characters.
    A friend of mine actually has been wanting to go dressed in her full Evil Queen costume for awhile now. A couple weeks ago they went for one of their normal day trips and while there they asked a cast member about this very topic. They cast member said they didn't have any specific policies around this. Granted, my friend would also play it up to the hilt and they'd probably end up being asked to change or leave.... but who knows.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    A friend of mine actually has been wanting to go dressed in her full Evil Queen costume for awhile now. A couple weeks ago they went for one of their normal day trips and while there they asked a cast member about this very topic. They cast member said they didn't have any specific policies around this. Granted, my friend would also play it up to the hilt and they'd probably end up being asked to change or leave.... but who knows.
    ...or she could walk out with a new career.

If we can dream it, we can do it

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    My DH and I have worn costumes inside the MK on several occasions during MNSSHP. We have never tried it outside that hard ticket event, not sure why we would...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    ...or she could walk out with a new career.
    She'd be in heaven... I can't suggest that as a potential outcome. LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12