Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Guest Dress Codes? Tattoo question... in the Vacation Planning forums; I know that CMs cannot have visible tattoos and I also realize that appropriate dress would be required for certain dinner venues. My question referring to tattoos is how Disney ...
    liljam is offline B-Ticket Holder

Guest Dress Codes? Tattoo question...

I know that CMs cannot have visible tattoos and I also realize that appropriate dress would be required for certain dinner venues. My question referring to tattoos is how Disney reacts to visible tattoos on guests. It's been so long since I've been there and I can't imagine that I wouldn't be allowed to wear a reasonable style tank top however, I have half sleeves on both arms (arms have art work to elbow area.) I'm sure that some parents would frown on it but they're tasteful and I love my tattoos, but I just want to be clear on whether I'd be required to hide them or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I looked online and found nothing so I figured some of you go so often that you would recall seeing someone with a lot of visible tattoos and such! Thanks in advance.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I dont think that there's any codes for tatoos on guests, the only dress codes for guests are really for the more upscale restaurants (California Grill, Coral Reef, etc.) but as for the parks you just need shorts, shoes, and a shirt!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by liljam View Post
    I know that CMs cannot have visible tattoos and I also realize that appropriate dress would be required for certain dinner venues. My question referring to tattoos is how Disney reacts to visible tattoos on guests. It's been so long since I've been there and I can't imagine that I wouldn't be allowed to wear a reasonable style tank top however, I have half sleeves on both arms (arms have art work to elbow area.) I'm sure that some parents would frown on it but they're tasteful and I love my tattoos, but I just want to be clear on whether I'd be required to hide them or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I looked online and found nothing so I figured some of you go so often that you would recall seeing someone with a lot of visible tattoos and such! Thanks in advance.
    I know they used to have appearance codes for guests. A scruffy Bruce Springsteen in the early 80s or so famously tells of not being allowed into Disney World because of his hair and scruffy beard. However, I don't think that's the case anymore. I'm fairly certain I've seen people with visible tattoos at WDW (and absolutely positive I've seen much, much worse than that!), so I think you'll be OK.

Of course, I don't work for Disney and thus I may not know what I'm talking about, so to be safe call them up and find out before you go.

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was a CM in the 90's in central reservations which basically has an infonet to tell them evrything a guest might ask when they call and basically They haven't done that in years, and the dress code way back when If I remember correctly it was a ban on long hair on men.
    Last edited by threeleggeddog; 04-05-2007 at 02:03 PM.

MINNIE07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    hI
    Just a question about dress code. Is there a dress code for the Grand Floridian- 1900 Park Fare? And as far as dress code for Corel Reef is it requiring collared shirts and nicer pants- and no running shoes or sandles?

Unless it has changed the only restaurant in Disney with a dress code is Victoria and Alberts

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    liljam,
    The only thing I can see them limiting when it comes to your tattoos or dress is anything that people may find offensive. Such as nudity, indecent words, indencent dressed people, or clothing that have dirty humor or bad words on them.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by MINNIE07 View Post
    hI
    Just a question about dress code. Is there a dress code for the Grand Floridian- 1900 Park Fare? And as far as dress code for Corel Reef is it requiring collared shirts and nicer pants- and no running shoes or sandles?
    I don't know about the Grand Floridian but I can tell you that I ate at the Coral Reef a few months ago and went in my park clothes (shorts, sneakers, t-shirt and Minnie Ears). Because it's a restaurant that sits inside the park gates it'd be really hard for Disney to enforce a dress code.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    I was a CM in the 90's in central reservations which basically has an infonet to tell them evrything a guest might ask when they call and basically They haven't done that in years, and the dress code way back when If I remember correctly it was a ban on long hair on men.
    This is so true. There was once a dress code for entrance into the park but now... you can see just about anything you can imagine. I actually saw someone on my last trip with a very offensive shirt on. There's got to be a line drawn somewhere with how many kids are there but I think they open themselves up to potential law suits if they don't allow people with a certain "look" in now. The world was a different place back then.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    liljam,
    The only thing I can see them limiting when it comes to your tattoos or dress is anything that people may find offensive. Such as nudity, indecent words, indencent dressed people, or clothing that have dirty humor or bad words on them.
    don't even think they do that Bamajean, to much trouble to search for it and to much liability for a lawsuit. I think as long as people are dressed there is no problem, I agree there probably should be some restrictions like that on Tats or whatever but they probably don't, they didn't when I worked there

don't even think they do that Bamajean,
    LOL wasn't me that posted that. LOL!

I just saw the tink and got confused, you know me a bit dizzy with all those meds, besides I got one of those nasty big long needles at the Dr's today (actually 6 needles)

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    don't even think they do that Bamajean, to much trouble to search for it and to much liability for a lawsuit. I think as long as people are dressed there is no problem, I agree there probably should be some restrictions like that on Tats or whatever but they probably don't, they didn't when I worked there

All I am trying to say is that if you have a huge tattoo of a naked person, visable to everyone they might want it covered up. I am not saying that is their rule I am saying they might ask for it to be covered.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    All I am trying to say is that if you have a huge tattoo of a naked person, visable to everyone they might want it covered up. I am not saying that is their rule I am saying they might ask for it to be covered.
    That would require the CMs at the main gate to be somewhat observant though. LOL!

I agree, cuz I am 44 (yesterday) and I don't want to see that much less leaving it open for a child. I guess people just don't use consideration any more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast