Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Has anybody else proven they're a disney-maniac at the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; I did once, I started singing along with the sound system during Fantasmic! Anybody else done anything like this in the parks?...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior

Has anybody else proven they're a disney-maniac at the parks?

I did once, I started singing along with the sound system during Fantasmic!

Anybody else done anything like this in the parks?
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    No specific incidents at the park are coming to mind now, but I know for sure I have MANY times in everyday life. Most recently, Belle said "How about that Mr. Doubting Mustafa!" to me in public. Yesterday, we broke out into "Prince Ali" while watching my baby sister run around after church. Last year, I did when I gave a ride home to two friends after school and had a Disney cd in my car, my Mickey dice hanging from my rear view mirror, and my Princess Minnie antenna topper - all I need is the license plate cover that has the Disney Princesses on it and says something about "looking for Prince Charming" - well, I guess that wouldn't be too good of an idea now that my mom is driving my car since her's is broken .
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I now have the WDW walk and stare!!! You get it after going so many times that you are determined to get as many rides in as you can. You can also get the WDW stare and it helps you to see when large crowds of people will move so you can cut through them on you're "I'm on a mission from Walt" walk!!! LOL
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I guess I am a certified fanatic as you will usually find me leaving the DW in the dust as I briskly walk from attraction to attraction, or my aptly as my DW told my MIL after our most recent visit:

"No way can he have any heart problems the way he keeps going from sunrise to sunset. We must have walked a hundred miles in the heat during the week. I'm exhausted and he can't wait to go back."

As far as singing, or doing a little jig, that's "normal" for any WDW fanatic!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Occasionally, I will break into a ghastly chorus of "Grim Grinning Ghosts," either on the ride or sitting at home...or both!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

neu318 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I walk around the park sometimes singing either the Pirates of the Carribean song YO-HO, or the carousel of progress song.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    another one of mine: while getting in the boats for Pirates, we started an impromptu conversation between Jack Sparrow and Capt. Barbossa.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by neu318
    I walk around the park sometimes singing either the Pirates of the Carribean song YO-HO, or the carousel of progress song.
    Funny story about that...I was in the front row of a boat on PotC before the ride started, and there was a lady in the back row of the boat directly in front of us...I started singing the song, and I guess she had never been to WDW before because she turned around and looked offended!
    Last edited by olmec26; 01-03-2005 at 06:12 PM.
    -Taylor

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Funny story about that...I was in the front row of a boat on PotC before the ride started, and there was a lady in the back row of the boat directly in front of us...I started singing the song, and I guess she had never been to WDW before because she turned around and looked offended!
    She might have been if you sing like Lou!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lou, this is your cue...
    -Taylor

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    Interesting... usually the WDW/DL addict walk tends to be a lot slower paced and more relaxed than the tourist walk. You get the more relaxed WDW walk after going so many times, you realize that you don't need to rush to do everything you want in a week's time -- even if that means doing every ride. Seems it's quite the opposite the norm among here.

Have I proven I am obsessive? Of course. Howso? Well, how's starting a sing-along in a long queue made up of nothing but obscure songs from long-defunct attractions sound? Not surprisingly, I was just about the only one singing.

It was the Test Track queue. Easy to get bored waiting in that montrosity.

-Tim

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I have. I get people so excited on the monorails and buses by giving the spiels adding even more excitement to them. and in between spiels give history of the parks and the entire World. people get a kick out of it and once I was asked by a CM if I worked undercover for DW. AND, you're right Frumious...I have noticed that being a maniac I do walk slower than some of the tourist. (although it changes when I'm with someone.)
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom