Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The big announcement was . . . in the Vacation Planning forums; The BIG announcement at the Orange Bowl last night was that every person in attendance would get a one-day theme park ticket in celebration of DL's 50th. If all would ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

The big announcement was . . .

The BIG announcement at the Orange Bowl last night was that every person in attendance would get a one-day theme park ticket in celebration of DL's 50th. If all would use the tickets it would cost Disney 4.3 million.

Does anyone have a ticket they are not going to use? I know someone who would like it.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    And why...why...did LSU not go there? Why could we not postpone our championship for another year?!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    It's supposedly valid at any Disney park worldwide (though not sure if that includes Tokyo or Hong Kong)

They were probably vouchers, not actual tickets. I'd check ebay..

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Disney says:
    “What’s Next? 72,000 Football Fans Are Going to Disneyland!”

Disney's famous "What's Next?" commercial received an extreme makeover yesterday, as 72,000 ticket-holders at the Fed Ex Orange Bowl National Championship game in Miami, shouted "I'm going to Disneyland!" after each of them received a surprise free ticket to any Disney Theme Park in the world.

The largest Disney Theme Park ticket giveaway ever was part of the launch of the biggest celebration in the history of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts — the "Happiest Celebration on Earth," beginning May 5, 2005.

Football fans in the stadium were delighted when Mickey Mouse made a surprise appearance at the end of the third quarter and personally invited each of them to the global celebration saluting the 50th anniversary of Disneyland Park in California. All 11 Disney Theme Parks around the world (including Hong Kong Disneyland Park, opening Sept. 12, 2005) will join the celebration.

"This unprecedented ticket giveaway is a unique and innovative way of launching our global celebration during one of the most-watched sporting events of the year," said Jay Rasulo, president, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, "We hope that everyone who received a ticket will come home to Disneyland or any of our Parks worldwide during our 50th anniversary celebration."

The commercial's famous tagline of "I'm going to Disneyland!" has become a part of the American vernacular since the "What's Next?" commercials premiered in 1987. Phil Simms, MVP of Super Bowl XXI, was the first person to utter the famous phrase.

Winners can bring their official Fed Ex Orange Bowl 2005 National Championship ticket to any Disney Theme Park to receive their one-day ticket to visit the Park (an original Fed Ex Orange Bowl 2005 National Championship ticket must be presented and marked for redemption for the free ticket). The complimentary ticket is valid from May 5, 2005, through Sept. 30, 2006.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    It'd be interesting to find out exactly how many people use thier tickets for Disneyland, and how many of them save the tickets as collector's items.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I'd use mine for Disneyland in a heartbeat...and I would use it on July 17!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.