Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss SouvinEARS in the Vacation Planning forums; So a good friend is coming back up from her Disney College program thing, I don't remember what it's called exactly at the moment, but you all know what I'm ...
    EbolaCola is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking SouvinEARS

So a good friend is coming back up from her Disney College program thing, I don't remember what it's called exactly at the moment, but you all know what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Anyways! I've asked her to pick something up for me, some kind of souvenir from the kingdoms, because I couldn't make it myself (and probably won't be able to for quite some time). The problem is, I don't know what I want! I told her a coffee mug or hoodie would do fine if she couldn't find anything particularly amazing in the limited amount of time she has left there, and that I would pay for it no matter what she bought. My question though, has anyone been in the parks recently and found some amazing gift that just screamed "Buy me, I'm the best thing ever!" or some similar exclamation? I'm a big fan of Uncle Scrooge, Donald, the nephews, ChipNDale, and all of the villains, so anything featuring them is an automatic plus (especially with Scrooge!)

Any help would be appreciated! =D

And, just to keep this interesting, what's your favorite souvenir you've gotten from the parks? For whatever reason, be it sentimental value, functionality, the person who presented it to you, etc. Mine would have to be my autograph book from my only Disney trip when I was knee high to a grasshopper. It doesn't have too many signatures, but it was a wonderful experience collecting them, and are among my fondest memories.

TTFN
    The city's all wrapped up in plastic like an electronic cocoon.
    If you lay in the street you can hear it humming,
    Building up slowly from underground.
    If you close your eyes you can observe the blueprint,
    The man-made DNA that spirals breathlessly out of control.
    As synapses collapse, bridges snap, into a restless utopia.
    Nutopia.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Try going to LaughingPlace.com and browsing thru their shopping part of the site. That at least would give you an idea of what to ask for. Pretty much whatever can be currently bought in the park can be found on their site.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This is an interesting topic for someone like myself who just spent yesterday shopping in DTD.
    There are plenty of t-shirts to pick from with characters that you described. I love the plush Mickey that is out for the year of a million dreams. (I didn't buy one yet since my birthday and Mother's Day are only days away.) There are some really great trading pins out. There are lots of visors and hats too. I guess you need to give your friend some particulars as to wearables or collectibles and go from there. Most shirts probably end up close to $20.00 for the better designs.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks for the tips guys =D
    Nutopia.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Oo, tough question. They have anything and everything at Disney. One particular thing that I thought was rather cool when I went in March was the Charm Bracelets. Now I'm not sure if you're much of a jewelry gal, but they have stations at all of the parks and resorts and one in the World of Disney shop downtown where you can make a custom charm bracelet. There are tons of charms to choose from and it might be fun to see what you're friend picks out for you based on your friendship. It would deffinitely be a unique gift and very special at that. You could also tell her the types of charms you'd like ( i.e. your name, cinderella, etc..) They have virtually every charm you could want as it relates to Disney. I got one and I did all patriotic charms, it turned out super cute. Might be an idea!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Oo yeah so I just realized you were a dude and I'm very sorry. Guess that throws my idea out the window ....Well the best I can do is tell you what my boyfriend bought. He LOVED the beer steins in Germany. They were very ornate and detailed and I think it was his favorite thing that he bought.
    *Natalie*

Haha, it's no problem, I've been called "Miss" often enough in person, it doesn't phase me. It was a nice thought, though!

As for beer steins, thats a pretty cool idea as well, though I'm neither German nor a drinker. Meh. She is (my friend) coming back soon enough, I'll just wait and see what she brings I guess, haha. I'll be happy with anything, really, just so it tides me over till my own WDW trip. =D
    Nutopia.

well I hope you get to go soon! Depriving someone of Disneyworld is like taking away a person's air
    *Natalie*

gymrat5 is offline Penny Hardaway 1 cent
    Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    well I hope you get to go soon! Depriving someone of Disneyworld is like taking away a person's air

lol only if ur a die hard fan like everyone on here...
    ~Gym

*DISNEYLAND PASSHOLDER since 1999, attending regularly since 1987*

WDW TRIPS
    '94 - July, off-site
    '96 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '98 - May, For Odyssey of the Mind World Finals: All-Star Sports
    '98 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '00 - July/August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)
    '05 - August, Orange Lake Country Club (off-site)

*An Orange Lake Country Owner (a RCI timeshare resort)

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    the only two souvenirs I have on my mind for my next trip are:

1. I want to get one of the cookbooks that have recipes from the WDW restaurants and recipes that the Disney family cooked at home for Walt

and

2. I really want to get something nice this time. I mainly have in mind a nice piece from the "Art of Disney" store. the wife and I have decided that, instead of getting a bunch of small souvenirs, to just get one big nice thing.

If we can dream it, we can do it