Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss WDW Weddings in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! Wanted to ask what anyone had for some wedding ideas to make it speical. The princess and I are heading up to WDW to speak with the wishes ...
    jcv229 is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb WDW Weddings

Hello everyone! Wanted to ask what anyone had for some wedding ideas to make it speical. The princess and I are heading up to WDW to speak with the wishes staff and I thought it'd be neat to ask all of you what special places you knew, or anything really? Also, what resorts are nice to stayt in as we'll have to reserve rooms for guests?

Thanks!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Welcome welcome welcome!!!!! and congrats.....
    I would reccomend putting up your guest someplace really fun//maybe one of the moderate resorts like Boardwalk...maybe plan a bach/hen party at PI. Have a girls only high tea at Grand Floridian while the boys golf or fish.
    I've seen a wedding photo package they do were they let you and your fiance into magc kingdom before it opens and take wedding pics all over the park...they turn out amazing..
    if you want more specific suggestions just ask
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome to DWT!

You might check out the articles section of the site - there is a great series by Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B) about her experiences planning her Disney wedding, and other articles about Disney weddings there.

I'm sure the staff will show you tons of beautiful places for your ceremony, depending on how large your wedding will be. Two that sound absolutely amazing are at the point at the Polynesian resort, and on the balcony at the Wilderness Lodge.

As for resorts for your guests to stay at, keep their budgets in mind when choosing. While the deluxe resorts are spectacular to stay at, they may be a bit pricey for people to afford. Of the moderate resorts, Port Orleans: French Quarter and Port Orleans: Riverside's Magnolia Bend sections have a Southern grace and charm to them that is elegant and romantic. Caribbean Beach has that tropical getaway feeling and hammocks on the beach. I haven't stayed at Coronado Springs, so I can't comment on that one.

Good luck with your plans!

(edit: Note, Boardwalk is a deluxe, not a moderate resort)
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 06-04-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: adding correction
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    My bad......for some reason i tought it was a moderate...I have heard good things about Port Orleans and Riverwalk..which are both def. moderate :P
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Welcome to the site!

I am getting married there in December! It's an amazing and fun experience and Disney helps you along the way.

The BEST place to get started is disneyweddings.com and just look through the pages. It has locations, ideas, pricing minimums, etc.

If you have 18 or less guests (which is an intimate or escape wedding) it is about $4,000 with taxes and includes some basics at the wedding pavilion. There are a few other locations for intimate or escape weddings, but some of them need less than 10 guests. However, these locations normally have lower pricing.

If not you do have room minimums if you do have over 18 guests. Also you have minimum amounts to spend. On a week day its a minimum of $10,000 (Monday through Thursday), Friday & Sunday I believe are minimums of $15,000, and Saturday is a minimum of $20,000. I'd double check those numbers, but I know Monday-Thursday is 10,000. Also depending on what season (value, regular, peak, holiday) the prices changes and whatnot.

Disney really takes care of everything or suggests ideas. When's your day?

One neat feature for a big wedding is having a dessert party in Epcot. Those start at a couple thousands, but they are really popular. They also require guests to have park admission.

Also, one 'can't miss" in my opinion is the Magic Kingdom or Epcot early morning portrait session. This is the ONLY time you can be in your wedding attire in the parks. They are early and somewhat expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion. The MK starts at about $1,000 and takes place at 6am (or earlier).

Any questions feel free to ask! Also another amazing site to get disney wedding information is disneybrides.com. They have forums that you have to be a past, present, or future disney bride to join!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Thanks for all the responses and the warm welcome! The day we are looking for is late March early April, as there are a few options available then from what Disney has recommended. I'm not sure what season that is. Congratulations to you as well MayBWeRMnt2B! We will actually be in DisneyWorld on Thursday for the weekend and meeting with the wishes staff then for the tour and all of the details, but I have only ever been to the theme parks, what other ways does anyone recommend to explore the resort and get a different feel for it? What restaurants would you reccomend us to check out for a rehearsal dinner or what things to do for a combined bachelor/ette party the night before? Question about the portrait session, I thought I wasn't supposed to see the bride until the ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by jcv229 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses and the warm welcome! The day we are looking for is late March early April, as there are a few options available then from what Disney has recommended. I'm not sure what season that is. Congratulations to you as well MayBWeRMnt2B! We will actually be in DisneyWorld on Thursday for the weekend and meeting with the wishes staff then for the tour and all of the details, but I have only ever been to the theme parks, what other ways does anyone recommend to explore the resort and get a different feel for it? What restaurants would you reccomend us to check out for a rehearsal dinner or what things to do for a combined bachelor/ette party the night before? Question about the portrait session, I thought I wasn't supposed to see the bride until the ceremony?
    Thanks. It's a tiny wedding but it will do!

Pleasure Island would be the best place for a combined bachelor/ette party the night before.

As for the portrait session, its a once in a lifetime opportunity. You HAVE to be a Disney bride in order to do it.

You can normally book it for a couple days after your wedding but my logic was, I don't want to get up the day after and putting my wedding dress on and paying someone to do my hair and makeup for two days is more expensive, so we're doing ours at 5am the morning of our wedding! We don't mind seeing each other as it will still be special and this way we get a private moment the first time we see each other, instead of people watching us.

Also Disney does keep you seperate before the ceremony, so you could go do the portrait session and then split up again and not see each other to the ceremony. I am actually requesting that we see each other before the ceremony as we're going to see each other anyway and this way or wedding coordinator only explains things once!

I didn't know they offered tours, so that's... interesting. :-)

Lots of people do rehearsals at Citrocose, California Grill, Ohana, or Victoria and Alberts. There are also a few more places on Disney property that have private dining rooms. Just ask Disney and they'll suggest, or check out the suggestions at mouseweddings.com. they have some great suggestions also!

I definitely say go Resort Hopping so you find the PERFECT place that you want to stay on your honeymoon. You may want a tropical feel such as the Polynesian or you may love the Animal Kingdom Lodge's African decor the best with Savannah views. Or you may like the elegance of the Grand Floridian. Or you may want to be right on the Boardwalk... basically just hop around.

All the resorts have bars in them so a great way to make it "fun." Is to use disney transportation and bar hop to all different resorts. This way you spend some time there, you can people watch, and you can walk around once your done with your drink! Having done this myself on numerous occasions, it's a lot of fun!

Do you have a wedding coordinator yet?
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Great Idea for the bar, I mean, resort hopping. I think that is what we will plan to do for a day to get a feel for each one and then decide on where to stay. I'm not sure if we have a coordinator yet, but we are meeting with Joe? Anyway, I don't think it's much of a tour, just the reception rooms and possibly the wedding pavillion, although I would also like to see that area at boardwalk? Also, Iwe'll have to go to the restaurants you've suggested and check out pleasure island. SO much to see and so different from any Disney trip I've ever planned.

Great Idea for the bar, I mean, resort hopping. I think that is what we will plan to do for a day to get a feel for each one and then decide on where to stay. I'm not sure if we have a coordinator yet, but we are meeting with Joe? Anyway, I don't think it's much of a tour, just the reception rooms and possibly the wedding pavillion, although I would also like to see that area at boardwalk? Also, Iwe'll have to go to the restaurants you've suggested and check out pleasure island. SO much to see and so different from any Disney trip I've ever planned.
    One other tip, you need to sign up for the Disney DIning Experience. You need an Annual Pass in order to sign up for it, but it's totally worth it. You get 20% off food and beverages (alcoholic too) at over 60 disney places in resorts and theme parks for up to 10 people. You also get discounted PI tickets.

I have one and my parents have one, so our reception where there are 20 people, we will get 20% off everyone's meal.

Have an amazing trip! It's a lot of fun!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm so jealous! I wanted to do a Disney wedding, but they just don't cater to large parties!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My daughter is going to get married at WDW........right after I win the lottery.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    My daughter is going to get married at WDW........right after I win the lottery.
    mine is actually cheap! Once i get it all done I might share the numbers, but my Disney portion of my wedding is less than $5,000.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

The Cakes!

Did you get any information on wedding cakes from them? I can't seem to find it in the packet that was given to us. Trying to get an idea of how much it will cost.
    THanks! How's your planning coming? Our date is more then 8 months out, so can't put the deposit down yet and get in touch with a coordinator

Did you get any information on wedding cakes from them? I can't seem to find it in the packet that was given to us. Trying to get an idea of how much it will cost.
    THanks! How's your planning coming? Our date is more then 8 months out, so can't put the deposit down yet and get in touch with a coordinator
    you can book 9 months out. at least that's what the rules are when I called.

You have to discuss with your coordinator for cakes. Depending on how fancy you want it, the more expensive it is. I'm just doing a really basic cake. Once you have a coordinator, you will get an info packet that's about 50 pages including your "wedding worksheets" and this is ALL the information you need to book a Disney Wedding! So just wait until you get your coordinator. Trust me, you'll have plenty of time!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Ah, the packet!

I should've known! Right now thy just have us working on room blocks and save the date lists, apparently they send those for you. We were told 8 months before then can accept a deposit due to conventions, but can "pencil you in" and hold a date as early as 12 months. I think it might have to do with reception location. Any ideas on how much those cakes range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast