Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss It seems like... in the Vacation Planning forums; Lately I've been reading so much about what Disney is doing to all their parks... and while it all sounds like really improvements.. it just seems like a lot of ...
    miss minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy It seems like...

Lately I've been reading so much about what Disney is doing to all their parks... and while it all sounds like really improvements.. it just seems like a lot of things are going to be closed while my family is there this summer. I could live with The Haunted Mansion being closed (I guess) and part of the World Showcase (so I heard)... but now a strip of MGM and maybe even Cinderella's castle?

I could just be wrong.. but if I'm not that just kind of stinks.

Ranting

Stacey
    " When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."
    -Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I know the HM is closed for rehab for sure, some walls were up at Epcot a few days ago to take down the floral displays that were part of the Flower and Garden show. Other than China (seems to be taking a long time to refurb the outside) and Japan, I didn't notice anything else going on in World Showcase. Everything was still accessible other than a couple of restaurants in Japan. Just not as pretty in the photos but oh well.

When are you going exactly and where did you get that info? Just curious.

Well I read a while ago that something was happening in the World Showcase.. I'm not sure what though. And the news from MGM I read here... www.disneyworldtrivia.com/article/disney_news/575/news_and_views_from_walt_disney_world_for_the_week _of_june_3_2007/

I'm going July 10 until the 15. We were supposed to go at the end of August like we do every summer but my boyfriend can't then and he's definitely the person I want to bring with us.

Stacey
    -Walt Disney

Sounds like they just moved stuff around and not closed anything at MGM, you should be fine! I was just there last week and did not really notice anything going on!

This info from allearsnet.com might help, not so bad, only two rides are scheduled to be closed during your visit.

Rehabs and Closing Schedule

July 2007

Animal Kingdom
    The new restaurant currently under construction in Animal Kingdom's Asia will be named Yak and Yeti. To fit in with Anandapur, the fictional village that is home to Expedition Everest, the restaurant will be themed as a rural village in the Himalayan foothills. The pan-Asian establishment will house both a table service restaurant that seats 300 and a quick-service eatery that can hold 200 customers. The restaurant was announced in February 2006, and is set to open in July 2007.

Epcot

Teppanyaki Restaurant in Epcot's Japan pavillion will be closed for a major rehab April 15 through August 20, 2007. NOTE: Restaurant is scheduled to open a few days earlier than previously announced. This rehab has been rescheduled several times now -- and may change again. Check back to make sure of dates. (Originally reported dates were January 15 - May 25, 2007, then March 11 through July 14.)

Spaceship Earth, presented by Siemens, will be undergoing a number of changes over the coming months. The changes will combine the attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale that provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures. Each of the ride scenes will be enhanced, and new show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score. With phased renovations occurring through the year, Spaceship Earth's makeover is scheduled to be fully completed in early 2008. Read the full press release.
    Current announced closures for Spaceship Earth: June 22–23 and July 9 – November 1.

Magic Kingdom
    Haunted Mansion will be closed June 6 through Sept 13.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 06-08-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: formatting

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    I have been checking the operational updates occassionally and it changes, but it looks like the two I know of being closed is the Haunted Mansion (a favorite) and Spaceship Earth(another favorite). Not too pleased about it, but there are enough other things to enjoy.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

well i guess it's okay... still stinks though hahah

Stacey
    -Walt Disney

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    As for Cinderella Castle closing, they're replacing the Kings gallery with Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique. It's do to close July 9th.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/