Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mission: Space in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm off to Epcot in a few days and I heard that there was two versions of Mission:Space now, one that provides G's, and one that doesn't. I HATE centrifuges, ...
    Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder

Mission: Space

I'm off to Epcot in a few days and I heard that there was two versions of Mission:Space now, one that provides G's, and one that doesn't. I HATE centrifuges, hate em. I'm assuming the one with G's is the one that uses the centrifuge, and the one without G's does not use the centrifuge. Am I mostly correct? Any other difference between the two? Would the non-G Mission:Space ride be comparable to the intensity of a normal simulator like Body Wars?

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    mission space is in a class by itself. the "simulator" is like a fairground gravitron on steroids. if you don't like the spinny ufo ride, go with no-g's, which i think is green. otherwise, the "real deal" is really intense. if you get quesy on body wars, like i said, stick with green.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My sister and I rode the "no G's" version, while my brother-in-law and niece rode the "real deal". My husband opted out completely since the last time he rode it he was sick for two days following. I would ride the "no G" version again. It was plenty intense. I think my sister would opt out completely next time along with my husband. My brother-in-law and niece are wild for the "real deal," as is Jim Allore. Go figure.
    They call me "Nana"

Does it ever go upside down? I can handle upside down fast rides, but not upside down if the ride is stationary like a simulator...

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    No it doesn't go upside down. I have rode on both and I love the regular version. If you get sick easily on rides I do not recommend the regular version. I think the one with no g's was still fun and exciting. If you are unsure I would try the no g's version first then decide if you want to try the other one.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    No, neither version goes upside down, the green version just tilts forward at one point and back at the beginning. It's a fun ride, my 5 year old loooooved it. I think we rode it 5 times. There is a fan that blows cool air in your face throughout (messed up my contacts...), I am guessing to help with the claustrophobia that could ensue, it's a tight fit once the control panel comes towards you and the capsule door closes. It's a lot of fun if you participate and do your "job" on the mission.

You said it's a tight fit, do you think a 6'6" person who has trouble fitting inside the cars at Test Track would fit inside Mission:Space?

Should not be a problem, my 6'2" pilot/engineer didn't have any trouble fitting in there.

Alright, I will give the Green Level Mission: Space ride a go when I go to Epcot! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Noticed you posted a pic of SSE taken yesterday, did you end up giving the ride a shot?

Yup, Universe of Energy was temporarily closed when we went over there, so the CM guarding the ropes gave us a fastpass for Mission:Space, ended up going on the "Green Team" version as me and my friend get very sick on rides that spin and didn't want to take our chances on the Orange Team version. I fit just fine and LOVED the ride! Very nice and just perfect w/out the G's in my opinion!

Alright! Glad you enjoyed it and fit in it and everything.