Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss ''''''click'''''' in the Vacation Planning forums; Im going to Magic Kingdom , EPCOT & Animal Kingdom in sept 10th 2007 and I got some Questions.1#.How is the new Mission Space for the people who don't like ...
    Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3

Question ''''''click''''''

Im going to Magic Kingdom , EPCOT & Animal Kingdom in sept 10th 2007 and I got some Questions.1#.How is the new Mission Space for the people who don't like to get sick? 2#. I'm 10 years old and how is Big Thunder Mt.?is it to rocky are to fast? and same with the Big Thunder. 3#. How is Space Mt.? Please Reply.
    Last edited by Tinkgirl; 06-25-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    cool have fun!
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

well vmkplayer can you
    answer
    my questions?
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

jcv229 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have fun on your trip! I'll try to answer your questions for you:
    1. If you are afraid of getting sick, do not ride the "intense" version of Mission Space. I like big, fast, loopy coasters, but the intense version just makes you feel weird inside. The other version (no spinning) is much easier to handle, and I think you will enjoy it just the same.
    2. Thunder Mountain is faster than Space Mountain, if you are worried about it being rocky or fast, sit up front, and ride it at night, it's slower then. Then if you feel more comfortable try sitting toward the back, it really is fun, it just pushes you to the side. It is not a fast or really scary ride.
    3. Space mountain can feel much scarier then Thunder Mountain because it's dark inside, the way you sit in the car, and you can't really see the turns coming. But both coasters have realtivly short drops and just a lot of turns.

Don't be too afraid of either of them, just sit up towards the front if you can and it will "feel" slower and in Space mountain you can sort of see the track coming.

Hope that helps!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I havent ever gone on Mission: SPACE so I cant comment on that. But I would say you should be fine on Big Thunder and Space Mountain. On my first trip to WDW I was about 7 or 8 and Space Mountain was my first attraction. I didnt have a problem with it at all. Same with Big Thunder. Although Big Thunder is faster I think its more mild than Space Mountain, it doesnt really jerk you around as much and doesnt have as many sudden drops. I think you should handle them both just fine. Have a great trip!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If you have any reservations about Mission: Space, then go for the less intense version. You didn't say if you have ridden other roller coasters, so it's hard to gage your reaction to Space Mt or Big Thunder. It took me many years, (I was in my 30's) before I went on roller coasters. I find Rock'n Roller Coaster in MGM to be smoother than Space Mt. I do have an aversion to heights, so I've only SEEN all of Space Mt recently. Tower of Terror is more frightening to me than most roller coasters. I love Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, but I can't look down when the train goes from the station to the mountain. Only go on any of the rides that you feel you can handle. If you opt to wait a few years and build up some courage (and height), then don't feel that you've missed out. Primeval Whirl is a less intense roller coaster in Dinoland that would be good to start out on if you are just beginning your roller coaster experience. Just remember that anything you don't do on this trip will be waiting for you on the next.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkgirl View Post
    well vmkplayer can you
    answer
    my questions?
    sorry but i never been on those rides i was to little to go on them when i went to disney
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

The only roller coaster I have been on is the Barnstomer and that's it.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

Oh and Thanks!!! You help me a lot but how late do I need to go on BTMRR?
    Last edited by Tinkgirl; 06-26-2007 at 08:44 PM.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tinkgirl,
    My niece is 3 (almost 4) and loves going on Thunder Mountain. We've been in the first and last cars and the back does throw you around a little more. She also is a big fan of Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain. She's not quite tall enough for Space Mountain, but really wants to go. As several others mentioned, it doesn't go nearly as fast (about 27 miles per hour), but it's in the kinda dark.

Okey,but how about dinosaur?
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i havent rode on it but i say go for it.. if you get the pants scared off you.. you will still like it.. jst not at the time you will appericate it after the fact.. i felt that way about Tower of Terror i was scared to death.. but i had these to lil girls in front of me waiting to get on.. and i thought if they can do it i can too.. and i did i and loved it and had a blast!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkgirl View Post
    Im going to Magic Kingdom , EPCOT & Animal Kingdom in sept 10th 2007 and I got some Questions.1#.How is the new Mission Space for the people who don't like to get sick? 2#. I'm 10 years old and how is Big Thunder Mt.?is it to rocky are to fast? and same with the Big Thunder. 3#. How is Space Mt.? Please Reply.
    Mission Space can be very intense, when in doubt go for the less intense experience. If that is OK then go for the "Full Throttle" version
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad can be a little rough the folks in the front get a smoother ride while the back carts have a little rougher ride.
    Dinosaur is an out and out blast but does shake you around a bit. It can be a very jerky ride
    Space Mountain can aslo be a bit jerky (I think the seats are little uncomforatable too).

In all if you don't have trouble with motion sickness or bumps and jerk fairly on par with carnival bumper cars yopu shouldn't have a problem with the exception of Mission Space.

Have fun!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Have fun when you go.
    Answers to your questions.....
    1. Never been on it
    2. My older DD turned 6 that day when she went on. The younger one is now 4 and will have no problem with it. Good big kid starter coaster.
    3. Same as above for older DD ...the younger is too short yet, but other then it being a little dark she would breeze right thru it.
    Havent rode Dinosaur yet.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

I am scared about the big dinosaur at the end.if you have 10 year olds and they been on it please tell me how they were.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast