Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Question about disney dollars in the Vacation Planning forums; I everyone i just got a quick question could somebody explain to me what disney dollars are and how could i get them....
    bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question about disney dollars

I everyone i just got a quick question could somebody explain to me what disney dollars are and how could i get them.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Disney Dollars are Disney currency. There kind of like a gift certificate, except that they are Disney "cash" good for any goods or services at any of the Disney theme parks, water parks and resorts, as well as all the Disney Stores in the malls across America. They come in denominations of $1, $5 and $10. There is no service charge involved. to buy them ... if you buy $50 in Disney Dollars, the cost is exactly $50.

When you use them to buy stuff, you get change in real USA money.

The easiest way to get them is to buy them at a Disney Store. You can also get them at Disney World and Disneyland, of course. There's also a way to buy them through the mail, but there IS a service charge involved in THAT transaction; I don't know the web address to do that one.

Disney Dollars are just a fun thing. There's no advantage to having and using them except that it's a fun idea.
    -- Eric

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    You can also get them at City Hall or guest services at any of the parks. It's a good souvenir to have. They are worth 1 disney dollar per 1 us dollar.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    thanks you guys for answering my question.