Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Coral Reef in the Vacation Planning forums; Debating on going to the Coral Reef for a family meal with a 6 year old and a 5 year old? Never dined there myself, andbody have any thoughts/reviews?...
    NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder

Coral Reef

Debating on going to the Coral Reef for a family meal with a 6 year old and a 5 year old?

Never dined there myself, andbody have any thoughts/reviews?

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    We go there every trip. The first time with a 6 year old, 2nd w/ 2 & 8 year olds, and 3rd w/ 4 & 10 years old. They love the place. They like the kids pizza. It's alot of fun to watch the divers interact with the people in the restaurant and watch all the fishes.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have only been one time and I really enjoyed it. We will be going on our next trip. I can't wait to see the kids faces when we walk in! I really enjoy this restaurant.

Chickapin Chick is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm looking forward to eating there for the first time with my husband and sons in September 2008...
    "The future is coming, you've got to catch it if you can..."

Based on the feedback received thus far you should have a good time, Enjoy!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am also hoping to eat for my first time at the Coral reef this December with my future Husband. So far, I have read on many sites that it is a good place to eat and also by looking at the menu it looks really good too. Here is a link to the menu: Coral Reef Dinner Menu - Epcot
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We didn't actually eat at CR this last trip but spent a long time in the Seas pavillion so I am guessing if you get a table with a good view of the aquarium the kids will be entertained enough for you to actually be able to enjoy the food! Last time I ate there was in 2001 and everything we tried was great, I remember trying alligator sausage.

Um, Alligator Sausage is a bit outside of my palate, but I think the restaurant itself definitely sounds like it is worth a shot!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    We enjoyed two visits to Coral Reef last year, once with the kids, who loved watching the fish and the divers in the tank. Kids menu is pretty much standard fare, but the adult menu was more adventurous. The menu changes seasonally, so both visits had different meals, and I see the current menu (on AllEarsNet.com) is different too.

A suggestion - make sure to ask the waiter about the entrees, especially if you're not sure what something in it is. The menu did a good job of describing the dishes, but I made the mistake of not asking what something was and was quite surprised by the spicy flavor. It was very good, just not what I was anticipating.

Also, the Creamy Lobster Soup is wonderful, and not to be missed!

Have a great time!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My husband and I went there July of 2005 for our anniversary and loved it. I remember going as a kid with my parents too and I remember really enjoying it. I remember a diver coming up to our window and waving...scared me at first, but got a good laugh out of it too.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We go there every year. It helps if your on the Dining Plan. I agree with Disneydame, Creamy Lobster Soup is to die for!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have had the Alligator Sausage before and believe me, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and any other sausage other than the fact it is leaner than pork sausage. If you like Polska Kielbasa or bratwurst you will enjoy it.
    They call me "Nana"