Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Change of Ht Requirement? in the Vacation Planning forums; I just read that they changed the ht requirement from 35 inches to 38 inches as of late January-does anyone know why? Did the ride change or was it unsafe ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Change of Ht Requirement?

I just read that they changed the ht requirement from 35 inches to 38 inches as of late January-does anyone know why? Did the ride change or was it unsafe for smaller children? Just wondering because (I know it has gotten horrible reviews, but I must see for myself...) I was thinking about going on it on my upcoming trip and taking my 7 year old if he wants to go....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I just read that they changed the ht requirement from 35 inches to 38 inches as of late January-does anyone know why? Did the ride change or was it unsafe for smaller children? Just wondering because (I know it has gotten horrible reviews, but I must see for myself...) I was thinking about going on it on my upcoming trip and taking my 7 year old if he wants to go....
    I don't know for sure, but I think raising the height requirement was designed to keep smaller children from entering...and thus being scared during the dark parts.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    - So they can put less people through this torturous mess?
    - So they don't scar young children for life? Making them wonder where the storyline was?
    - So those little munchkins couldn't slip-out mid-show and miss all the... well... nonsense?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    - So they can put less people through this torturous mess?
    - So they don't scar young children for life? Making them wonder where the storyline was?
    - So those little munchkins couldn't slip-out mid-show and miss all the... well... nonsense?

Lou isn't bitter, nope not at all.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's not that bad!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    The good thing is, now with the new height requirement, I CAN'T ride anymore!!!
    Lou Mongello

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    two more post for Lou till he hits the big 4000.

Well I certainly don't want to scar my kids! Maybe this is Disney's way of keeping me from doing that. Does anyone RECOMMEND this ride?

OK... I may have overtstated my dissapointment a bit... Sorry about that. I (and many others) just don't feel this attraction lives up to WDW standards in not only the production, but the storyline as well. Not bitter, just surprised. I've been trying to tell myself that this attraction wasn't rushed into the park just to capitalize on Stitch-mania and merchandise, but I'm having a tough time doing so.
    Lou Mongello

I know how you feel, I hate it when something I count on for greatness disappoints. If Disney can fix this, I hope they do (and can they get it done before Jan. 30? ) haha

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I f they get it fixed by June (when I am going) I will be surprised. I have to admit that SGE has the best looking AudioAnimatronic I have ever seen!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->