Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss abusing the wheel chair in the Vacation Planning forums; Just wondering if any one elses has seen this. on one trip I noticed a family in the wheel chair entry, and saw a dad push his son up in ...
    albren2 is offline A-Ticket holder

abusing the wheel chair

Just wondering if any one elses has seen this. on one trip I noticed a family in the wheel chair entry, and saw a dad push his son up in chair, help him on the ride while we skipped our turn to let them on and i was happy to do and even felt bad for boy. Later on that night Isaw them again only this time they switched spots the boy was almost in a full run while pushing his dad in a wheely.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Welcome aboard.

Yeah, I've seen it more often than I'd like. Heck, I was once hanging out with a small crew of folks who were pulling this sham--briefly. After it dawned on me what was going on (I'm a little slow some days), I bade them farewell with the agreement that we'd meet up later after the place had closed, and I went on my merry way alone. A few of them found my sentiment amusing (once again found myself labeled a "square," a "chump," and so on and so forth), but a few of them sort of zipped it when I smiled ruefully and told them that all Dudley Dooright-isms aside, there are people a whole lot less tolerant than I am out there, and I didn't wanna be around if they got caught by someone who takes offense to that sort of behavior and would feel obliged to make honest men and women out of them.

(Case in point, the recent incident at the teacups when a guest apparently had all she could take with alleged line jumpers.......)

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    This has been going on for years. My brother first noticed it in '81, and got very cross about it - he was only 6 at the time. I think that the saddest thing is that these people think that they are being clever, because they are getting one up on other people. God forbid they shoild ever have to be in a wheelchair for real - they probably wouldn't find it as funny then.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Thats not right! Being in a wheelchair really isn't a matter to be taken lightly and yet some people are using a wheel chair just to get to the front of the lines quicker, thats just wrong.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What bothers me the most is that they are taking chairs away from the folks who could really use them. I am sure they have tons available but still. I would never do something like that, that's just bad karma waiting to happen.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I even wrote Disney a letter about it years ago. But I was under the impression that they did something about it. I thought you needed a special pass or something to get to the front of the line. I thought there had to be a Doctors note to get the pass. Does anyone know for sure??
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!