Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss How I would redo Imagination in the Vacation Planning forums; I've said it once and i'll say it again. I think the new Imagination ride has a way better theme and story than the original. Having an "Imagination lab" fits ...
    Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

How I would redo Imagination

I've said it once and i'll say it again. I think the new Imagination ride has a way better theme and story than the original. Having an "Imagination lab" fits Epcot's science and futuristic setting more than the Dreamfinder did and the novelty value of Eric Idle in a Disney attraction is too good to pass up no matter what the ride is like. However, looking back at the original, the new one could stand some touch ups. The original WAS more detailed and had more to look at even if it DID lack a theme and plot and sorry, the Dreamfinder's diolauge got more sugar sweet annoying than It's a Small World. What I would do would be to first re-open the old Imageworks and retheme it to fit the Imagination institution. Second, the ride would be re-done to have more detail, more to see, and more effects. Figment's half of the ride would be more like the original. *Quite possibly even bring back the scene of him with the numerous TV screens but done as if he re-did the lab to look more... colorful and figment-like. In the long run, the ride does need some touch ups, but come on people, it's not that bad a ride.

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    i would love to see them bring back some of the old effects from the original ride. I always liked the room with the edgar allan poe references and the illusion section.
    It would also be a nice touch to see them work in a cameo appearance by the Dreamfinder. I also agree that Imageworks needs an overhaul. I always liked the old attractions they had.

I'd also like to nominate this thread as best thread in the history of time.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You serious? Best in history? Aww shucks
    quite honestly, I felt the Dreamfinder seemed too... Magic Kingdomish for Epcot. In a way, Figment could be seen that way too, but he balances reality and fantasy. With Dr. Channing providing the reality. Combining the Dr. Channing scene AND old school Imagination afterwards makes a good transition betweenn the realistic future world of Epcot and the colorful fantasy world of Figment
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 08-16-2007 at 06:08 PM.