Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello, We will be there this year for the first one of these of the season. I was just wondering a little bit about it. I see you have to ...
    toofunnie is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Party

Hello,

We will be there this year for the first one of these of the season. I was just wondering a little bit about it. I see you have to purchase seperate tickets to attend. We are a family of 5, hubby, myself and 3 girls (17, 15, 13), first trip for the girls. What little I have read it sounds fun, but didn't know if we should spend our money elsewhere. What I mean by that is, do you think it is too young for my girls. Also is the fireworks show different than the other nights?

Thanks!

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My bf and I went last year and had a blast. we are mid-20s and we dressed up and everything. I think it would be a lot of fun if your family would be able to let loose and get into the mindset that it would probably require. We didn't waste our time trick or treating but we did wait in line to see the characters since they are all in their own halloween costumes and we watched the parade which I loved and the hallowishes fireworks were good. The villans stage show was neat and we got to meet the villans afterwards which was a nice treat as you don't always see them out and about daily in the parks.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    As an adult, I've gone twice and have enjoyed it both with a costume and in street clothes. Just a warning, that some rides are not open for the event. (I think Jungle Cruise is one that was not open.) The fireworks are different from other evenings, and the decorations are very festive. I think the biggest part of the entertainment for the evening is seeing the number of families dressed in full Disney costumes; moms, dads, and kids. I guess it would depend how eager your teens are to participate in regular Halloween activities as to whether they would enjoy the hard ticket event.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nothing Disney World Is "too Young!" :-d

gwa
    gwa is offline A-Ticket holder

Ghoul Thing

My husband and I love the NSS Halloween Party. The costumes people wear are a hoot. Took a picture of a family of nine (young and old) all wearing a placard that resembled a Fast Pass. It was so imaginative. Lots of people asked them to stop so they could take their picture. Love the Parade; absolutely the best. The whole atmosphere of the park changes which is very cool. My advice is GO,GO,GO! Your whole family will have a great time.

disneygeek

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    were going this year and my daughter will be a pirate i am making her costume! and we will be pirates too.. i'm trying to get my hubby to be jack sparrow

but were going the last night of the season
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy