Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Epcot with Nemo and friends in the Vacation Planning forums; I have just returned from a wonderful 2 weeks in the world. I used to love the old Living Seas. The Hydolators which I believed did take you down to ...
    Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder

Epcot with Nemo and friends

I have just returned from a wonderful 2 weeks in the world. I used to love the old Living Seas. The Hydolators which I believed did take you down to Sea Base Alpha, the great exhibits now it is a mess. We went on the new Clam ride which is fine but the rest of the pavillion we just couldn't believe what has happened. I wondered what other people think. The focus of the Seas has gone and that Orange and Black fish needs to go into quick reverse before children think the seas are just pretty little fish living in Coral seas. We spent about 10 minutes in the pavillion before having to leave. Am I just been nostalgic or do others feel the same. I think it is similar to the Pooh/Toad debate in that Nemo will sell more merchandise than a Manatee. Shame
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hate the new pavillion. The nemo stuff is too much!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The manatees are still there which was the main part of the old pavilion that I loved... so I'm happy with it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I know a lot of people liked the Hydrolators, but they always made me feel like I was in a bad museum. I do think the nemo stuff is over the top however. I would keep the seagulls tho. They make me laugh whenever i walk past them

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81 View Post
    I know a lot of people liked the Hydrolators, but they always made me feel like I was in a bad museum. I do think the nemo stuff is over the top however. I would keep the seagulls tho. They make me laugh whenever i walk past them
    Got to agree the Seagulls are good, in fact I have no problem with Nemo just there is too much of him.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    BOOOO! To you haters. I havn't seen it myself yet, but I think it's a GREAT idea and a perfect way to get kids interested in learning about sea life. No point having a great message if no one wants to listen to it. I suppose next you'll want Epcot to go back to being boring and bland like in '82

Who mentioned Hate, just too much Nemo. I didn't go to Epcot in 1982 so I can't comment. My first visit was 2001 and I was bowled over by the whole Living Seas experience. Now I am not. I agree you have got to "Keep moving forward" but not The Sea with Nemo and Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    BOOOO! To you haters. I havn't seen it myself yet, but I think it's a GREAT idea and a perfect way to get kids interested in learning about sea life. No point having a great message if no one wants to listen to it. I suppose next you'll want Epcot to go back to being boring and bland like in '82
    I would have expected a more educated answer from someone with as many posts as you, and especially on these forums. Besides, the reason there are so many characters in Epcot these days is not because it was boring, but becuase people didn't understand it. Epcot has been my favorite park since I was 3. Im now 26 and I still love it. I just like the late 80s version of it better. Perhaps im latching on to a piece of my childhood, but I just thought it was way more cutting edge back then. It's very leading edge now, but then it was Bleeding Edge, and I think that's what turned a lot of people off.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    As much as I like the new Nemo theme in the Seas, I miss the old setup.... there just seemed to be so much more to see and do with the old setup... I found myself in and out of the Seas within about 50 minutes, and that includes 15 minutes with the manatees and seeing the Turtle Talk with Crush show... the old setup had a lot more to learn about, and those cool little pools where you could look down and see the horseshoe crabs and jellyfish, etc.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Before seeing the new Seas and the Nemo Musical I did think there was too much Nemo in the World.

However...

...the Seas clam-mobile ride was pretty cute. The pavillion was mobbed after even though the ride was a walk on. We didn't stay long, which was sad as I love sealife. I wish there was a better flow to the pavillion.

I do NOT miss the Hydrolators at all.

On a side note, the Nemo musical was MUCH better than I was expecting. I was very happy with it. The puppets were great. The show was PACKED at about 1pm.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    It is fun for me to read what you guys are saying about the new pavilion because I haven't been able to visit since it changed. I had a hard time with the old pavilion- it was very confusing and a bit disjointed. The hydrolators were just odd to me. I was able to see Crush but I haven't seen the clammobiles or the musical yet so I am interested in seeing if I can figure the whole thing out a little bit better next time I go back. Keeping an open mind, I am.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney is way over saturating their new movies, totally over saturating POTC, Nemo, Pooh, If Disneyland ever removed Toad, I would be breaking arms! I can't believed they remived country bear jamborree at Disneyland, and Toad at Disneyworld all for a pooh ride. Why has a Lion King Ride never came about?

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat_81 View Post
    I would have expected a more educated answer from someone with as many posts as you, and especially on these forums. Besides, the reason there are so many characters in Epcot these days is not because it was boring, but becuase people didn't understand it. Epcot has been my favorite park since I was 3. Im now 26 and I still love it. I just like the late 80s version of it better. Perhaps im latching on to a piece of my childhood, but I just thought it was way more cutting edge back then. It's very leading edge now, but then it was Bleeding Edge, and I think that's what turned a lot of people off.
    Yeah, I over did it. It was a pretty spur of the moment repsonse. I get like that. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    Yeah, I over did it. It was a pretty spur of the moment repsonse. I get like that. I'm sorry.
    Friends? :-)

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My first time at Epcot was in 1991. It has changed a lot since then.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast