Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Rate It! Stitch's Great Escape

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rate it! Stitch's Great Escape in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok since there was one for Mission: Space, why not for another one of the newer attractions -- Stitch's Great Escape. I think that Stitch is a neat idea for ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

Rate it! Stitch's Great Escape

Ok since there was one for Mission: Space, why not for another one of the newer attractions -- Stitch's Great Escape. I think that Stitch is a neat idea for Tomorrowland, but not in replacement of AE. This was bad. I think Imagineers need to refocus and get back to the basics! I give it 1 Star because I'm a nice guy and the robotic arm moved very smoothly for a suspended arm.
    Last edited by Summer Sun; 01-25-2005 at 05:50 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Again, never ridden it...I'll review it in 2 weeks!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    I gave it three, but I would have gave it 2 1/2. I just really miss AE. They need to do something about making SGE as great as the building that it is in!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i thought the Alien Encounter was alright, but a bit weak. when i found out that they took that attraction, slapped it with a coat of Stitch paint and new signs and opened it as new, i felt a bit cheated.

sorry, have to go thumbs down, would've rather them kept it the way it was then just putting the Stitch branding on the same attraction.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    OK, I don't mean to sounds harsh... then again... yes I do.

Can I give this a minus?

I think it is the worst attraction (Except for the Stich AA figure) I've yet to experience in WDW. Rehashed figures, no storyline, sill for adults, scary for kids... it's got it all! A rehab can't come soon enough!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was extremely underwhelmed.

Stitch is pretty much the favorite character in my household so we were anxiously awaiting this forever. When we finally got to ride all we were left feeling was, "meh. coulda been better." I experienced it once, and now, even though I love the character, I pretty much never need to do it again. That's a pretty bad sign for an attraction.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I gave SGE two stars because of the description for the option; I'm not saying that two stars are better than one star. I was disappointed in the attraction, but I was glad to see that they kept Skippy around. In fact if I visit SGE again, it will probably be to see Skippy -- even though I consider myself a Stitch fan.

My other annoyance was that the attraction shop had just about the same type of Stitch garbage that's available in just about any of the mall type Disney Stores.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Can the rehab wait until March? I do want to expierence the horror of it all beofre it's rehabed!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I hate to sounds like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but...

When I went to WDW for Mousefest, I had already heard many of the complaints about Stitch's Great Escape. However, I went in with a completely open mind, expecting nothing.

Well, I got exactly what I had exected - nothing at all. No storyline, the same Audio-Anmatronics figures with new wardrobes, no plot, neither thrills nor chills, etc. I have to say that in the more than 50+ visits I have made to WDW, it is the worst of the worst attractions ever. That being said, the Stitch AA figure was impressive, clearly showing where the bulk of the attraction's budget went.

That being said, I have heard that the ride will go down in Feb. after the break for a minor "update", which I hope will resolve some of these issues. I also understand that the ride is scheduled for a major overhaul in the future, which I hope can save an attraction that clearly was rushed into place to sell Stitch merchandise.

(Lou steps off soapbox and goes back to work)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Aren't they closing it? If they are, oh well. I guess I didn't miss anything. Personally, I enjoyed ETAE.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I rather doubt that, since every time I pass the bloody thing, there is at least a 30-50 minute stand-by wait time.

As for the ride, I hate it, I've been on It's a Small World more than that (and got stuck on it twice in the white room) and seen Cinderellabration more than I ever hope to ride stitch.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, since I'm a very, very, teensy-tinsy minority here, I thought I would come out and defend Stitch!

I HATED Alien Encounters - I'm over 30 and that experience was too overwhelming for me. I didn't leave in tears, but we did leave MK to go find a beer after that! That said, I think the attraction give Stitch a chance to do what he does best. Cause trouble! Granted, there are some weak points (most noticably Stitch being called Stitch before he meets Lilo). But I laughed my way through it. And, like Lou said, the animatronic is spectacular.

I also think it's interesting to note, those that loved AE tend to hate Stitch. Those that didn't see AE or didn't like AE tend to enjoy Stitch. (at least that's my unscientific finding from reading a couple of different message boards)
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    ETAE scared the bajeesus (is there a proper spelling for that word??? just sound it out, you'll know what i mean.) outta me, even the second time i saw it. the third time still gave me some goosebumps, although most of the anticipation was gone then. but i almost peed myself and grit my teeth so hard i thought my jaw would break the first time. Far too intense for most children (unless you are raising super-kid with nerves of steel and NO imagination). My guess is that this is why Disney Stitch-ized this attraction. To make it appeal to the younger crowd. My girlfriend loves the new Stitch theme (he's her favorite character as of recent), but I think it's a weak, tamer version of the original. Almost exactly the same, with just a friendlier alien. (The robotic arms were impressive though). It's still a little creepy for the kids. You don't fear being eaten anymore, but now I fear the dreaded chilidog breath (Gawd that was awful!!!)

I don't think SGE is a BAD attraction. It's still fun. But I thought ETAE was a much better (and memorable) display of the same technologies.

I'll give it a 3. But a 2.5 would probably be more suiting.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have not seen this attraction yet... Last visit Oct 2004...I will be down there this June.. But after reading this thread.... maybe I can skip Stitch all together and just hop on the TTA a few more times...

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    It was horrible. Standing in line for it wasted my day. I would never go on it again. Their was nothing fun about it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast