Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss The Stitch Show in Tomorrowland in the Vacation Planning forums; Took my daughter on this Stitch show in tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. It freaked her out to say the least. I think WDW should at least warn the parents ...
    disneyorlando is offline A-Ticket holder

The Stitch Show in Tomorrowland

Took my daughter on this Stitch show in tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom. It freaked her out to say the least. I think WDW should at least warn the parents of the complete darkness. What do you think?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Instead of warning people about the darkness, they should just remove it and make a new attraction. lol. But, there is a warning on the guidemaps that it may be scary for younger children.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyorlando is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree it was VERY boring...There might have been a notice about it on the map but no signage at the 'show' itself? My personal feeling is the 'imagineer' that designed this torture should live the rest of his/her life in the underground smelly tunnels of WDW for life!

gwa
    gwa is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!! Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!

disneygeek

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    wat is so bad abou it

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Stitch isn't scary at all... when I went, it was kind of weak..I'd like to see them tweak it a bit... the sound was awful, and you couldn't understand a lot of what was going on, so it detracts from the experience...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i like stich ........it makes you want to go and eat chill dog lol
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyorlando View Post
    I agree it was VERY boring...There might have been a notice about it on the map but no signage at the 'show' itself? My personal feeling is the 'imagineer' that designed this torture should live the rest of his/her life in the underground smelly tunnels of WDW for life!
    Hey! Those smelly tunnels got that way because of me! I haven't showered in over 4 and a half months! (btw, those unexplained puddles too were from me drooling on the way to work) Now it all makes sense, ah.

I really have no idea why they had to change it to make it "less scary" for the kids, when it was fine as it is. AE was advertised as scary, and kept most kids away from it knowing how scary it was. Now it looks like it's "kid friendly" but pretty much the same thing, and those who were looking for the 'scary' part of the attraction now has to deal with the corny factor that was a lame attempt to make it 'kid friendly.' In other words, they took something that worked, made it torture for all ages to endure. I want my Skippy back!
    Last edited by albino_pygmy; 09-22-2007 at 11:27 PM.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyorlando View Post
    Actually, they DO warn you about that stuff on the warning signs posted outside the attraction. Just don't forget to read them.

Also, I strongly disagree with your opinion on SGE. I can't see how it's boring or a "torture" in any respect. I think it's quite lively and the folks who made the attraction do not deserve any kind of punishment like what was suggested above.

Besides, one person's poison is another person's meat, as they always say.

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have found the problem with SGE is that there are always at least 4-5 screaming babies, who are freaked out completly. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just sorta takes away from other peoples experiences...
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

Tommy Morrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's terrible ... I agree with the guy above, they took an original attraction with original characters that was a very different experience and dumbed it down considerably and included a character from a movie that kids love but made him kinda scary kinda corny ... which results in this weird disconnect with the attraction.

They won't ever say do-over and bring back AE, which is what they SHOULD DO, but my hope is in five years, give or take, when this has run its course, that they put something worthwhile in there ... until then it's a must skip attraction.
    Fry: "This was our storage closet. My Dad spent years turning it into a bomb shelter."
    Leela: "And yet you guys never had a single nuclear war."
    Bender: "What a waste."

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That exactly what they did.Eisner made them "recycle" the ride. It was originally Alien Encounter.All they did was remove the "alien" from the containment chamber in the main show and put in Stitch,add the chili dog burp smell,change the taped show and preshows,and paint and redecorate to Stitch themes.And that was it.

And to be exact,the circular,stepped layout of the main show theatre was the same when it was Mission to the Moon,and Mission to Mars.
    Last edited by goofntink; 10-18-2008 at 09:56 PM.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    At least the kids aren't subjected to Lilo and her giant potato nose...now THAT would be scary!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I miss Alien Encounter
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    Please read my next post.
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 11-10-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I voiced my opinion about something and I was wrong.I offended two other posters and I have apologized on my next post.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast