Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fastpasses. in the Vacation Planning forums; Do you think if Disney got rid of fastpasses there would be shorter lines? Think about it... It would be just like when the park opens all the time. Alot ...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Fastpasses.

Do you think if Disney got rid of fastpasses there would be shorter lines? Think about it... It would be just like when the park opens all the time. Alot of the lines are waiting for people with fastpasses to go in. Just an idea, I think about it everytime I go, which is often.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sure they would get shorter but I think for the most part we are talking by a few minutes...not much longer really. Cause think about it, aside from from every so often the influx of pastpassers is never to great. And with that they dont clog up the lines too much. The only line that really bothers me with fast pass is Rockin Rollercoaster, they seem to do something wrong with it there...other than that I am a big fan of fastpas, it makes it possible for you to skip the 2 hours Everest lines and helps a lot!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I dont think it would make the lines any shorter. Think about how long the lines are for some of the headliner attractions now. Even if there were no fastpass people cutting in at some point then all the people who would normally get fastpass for that attraciton would have to wait in the standby line anyway. There is still the same amount of people riding the attraction, changing the point at which they get in the line doesnt effect how long the wait will be.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't think it would shorten them at all... Fastpass saves a lot of frustration.. if you plan it right and are smart, you will barely have to wait in lines if you use fastpass... If you're going to the park for only a day, Fastpass is a lifesaver, because it can almost guarantee you a no-wait on at least one major attraction.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!