Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Jedi Training Academy in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all - Jedi Training Academy - is this something you have to sign up for in advance or is it just a show or are people picked from the ...
    magic mom is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Jedi Training Academy

Hi all -

Jedi Training Academy - is this something you have to sign up for in advance or is it just a show or are people picked from the audience to participate? What ages is this aimed at?

Thanks you
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Magic Mom

You cannot sign up ahead of time. Kids are picked from the audience at the time of the "show" to participate. I do not think they have an actual age span they particularly choose from, but it's for kids only. I would say a good rule of thumb is probably between ages 5 and maybe 11 or 12. Everytime my Son has participated or we've watched that's probably a good guess on the age range.

The kids actually get to Jedi train with lightsabers and then they will have a lightsaber duel with either Darth Vader or Darth Maul. It's a very cool experience for the kids!!

The first time my Son was chosen he was 5 and it was during Star Wars Weekends. We haven't been back since they opened the new Jedi Training Stage to see how many kids are picked each time. Before they would usually pick 20 kids. 10 would be up on the stage and 10 would be down in front of the stage. Hopefully they will keep that amount the same because there are always a ton of kids there waiting to be picked. At least that's always been our experience. I would suggest arriving at least 20 minutes before the scheduled time and position yourself right at the rope. Good luck!

magic mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the info!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Magic Mom