Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Photopass in the Vacation Planning forums; I sure wish they had a place you could scan your card at all the rides that take photos like they do at Test Track. I want to get the ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Photopass

I sure wish they had a place you could scan your card at all the rides that take photos like they do at Test Track. I want to get the CD but I refuse to pay $120 for just 63 pics. I swear we took a photo every time we saw the photo pass people I thought we woulda had more!

Has anyone ever bought the book that they offer?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Dont forget that you can add the borders and crop and add more borders, etc etc. I turned 88 pics into 548 by doing that. Wouldnt recommend waiting till 3 days before they expire to do this... LOL
    Hint;;;;keep track of which pic is which by writing it down and add all the edits you want on the first photo first (does that make sense?)---exp....edit photo # 1 of you with Mickey on Mainstreet at the MK by adding the MK border (#2) then go back to #1 and add Tink(#3) so on and so forth, with that alone you can actually turn 1 pic into 5 or more if you crop and add more borders. As you add each pic write down the number and some sort of quick info on what you added to keep track. EXP...#1 O(original) #2 castle (mk border) #3 Tink (where dreams come true / tink flying border)

BTW...I had kinda the same problem you did with the photographers...They were sometimes hard to find (2005 trip they were EVERYWHERE) and when we did find them the munchkin was cranky and didnt want a pic taken (yes I just told them to go ahead and take it wiht her hands over her face..what are ya gonna do?...LOL) Hopefully they start adding a few more ride photos to it soon.

OH no btw..havent orderd the book just the CD...wating waiting for it to arrive
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    I turned 88 pics into 548
    Why on Earth would you want so many of the same picture? I thought it was bad when I turned my 200 photo's into 300!

If you look on the PhotoPass site they have been offering a 20% discount if you purchase prior to your trip. It basically makes the CD $100 (the cost of it when the originally came out with it). That's what I did for our last trip.

I have heard that the plan is to eventually have all the ride photo's available on PhotoPass. I am guessing that when they reopen SSE that will be the case there. I'm sure that it will take a little refurbishment in some of the other rides (Splash Mountain, RnRC, EE) to get them that way. Not sure why they didn't just go ahead and set EE up to have that option when they built it though.....

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm a lil disappt. because when i went last year.. never once did the photopass people ever get our pics... the had very lil of them and they were swarmed with people and i just wasnt going to wait for it.. i had 11 people in my group and all our family pics are missing at least one person because someone had to take pics... i'm wondering if it is going to be like that this time because i would really love to have a few family pics of us and also ones of us in our costumes
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I've gotta say - to me PhotoPass was a complete let down. I had never used it so excited, we planned to on the June trip and did. We had some pictures taken by the Main Street photographers and some character shots etc. and they were all great but I only had like maybe 25 pics and there was no way I was paying that much money to get a CD with them on them... nor was I going to order prints of them all. It was a let down to find out how much they were.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Why on Earth would you want so many of the same picture? I thought it was bad when I turned my 200 photo's into 300!
    If you look on the PhotoPass site they have been offering a 20% discount if you purchase prior to your trip. It basically makes the CD $100 (the cost of it when the originally came out with it). That's what I did for our last trip.
    I couldnt decide which border I liked best so I did them all...Figured why not? at least I got my money's worth. LOL
    I did the 99$ discount too. We wont pay in advance for it again unless that is the primary goal of going (just photopass pics) or we can share the cost with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I've gotta say - to me PhotoPass was a complete let down. I had never used it so excited, we planned to on the June trip and did. We had some pictures taken by the Main Street photographers and some character shots etc. and they were all great but I only had like maybe 25 pics and there was no way I was paying that much money to get a CD with them on them... nor was I going to order prints of them all. It was a let down to find out how much they were.
    One word....Screenshots..ehem ehem.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll let you all in on a little secret - the Photopass photographers will take your picture with YOUR camera if you ask them. I do this all the time. I have them take one or two with their own camera for the heck of it, but I've never once bought a Photopass photo. I always ask them to take our photo with my camera as well. I can't see spending the money on the CDs or the prints, when I can just get the pictures off my own camera for no charge... and we still don't have to have any pictures with people missing.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I'll let you all in on a little secret - the Photopass photographers will take your picture with YOUR camera if you ask them.
    Not really a "secret"....I actually usually have them take one on my camera as well as purchasing the CD. I like having the CD with the borders and such and prior to the Photopass CD we always bought at least 4 packages (at a minimum) including one from MK, Epcot, MGM and AK and at anywhere from $9.95-$19.95 it's not that much of a stretch for me to go to $100 to get unlimited photos. We basically have at least one picture taken from every Photopass photographer we see! And once they add the ride photos to the Photopass CD it will be a HUGE bargain for me (that is....if they don't increase the price again! )

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I've never bought a PhotoPass CD because of the expense. As other people have said, Photopass photographers will take a picture with your camera if you ask. If they want to give you a PhotoPass card, too, I say let 'em.

Are they planning to add ride photos to PhotoPass CDs? I've heard rumors, but I haven't heard anything final.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    We already had them take pics but theirs come out so much better

Test Track has the ride thing
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i hope i get ours done by the photopass people.. last time like i said there was only like 2 of them and they had a lil line.. so we didnt wait.. i have crappie pics from last trip and i plan on taking alot of pics on this trip!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy