Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone ever gone to the Very Merry Christmas party? Is it worth the extra money? What all is included besides a different parade, different shows, and hot chocolate? Are ...
    capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Has anyone ever gone to the Very Merry Christmas party? Is it worth the extra money? What all is included besides a different parade, different shows, and hot chocolate? Are the rides still open? Does anyone know if the Castle will be decorated/ lit up so that it can be seen at times other then the MVMCP?

This is my first trip to WDW since I was a young child and my husbands first trip EVER so any help you can give is very appreciated

CheshireCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oahu, Hawaii.....gorgeous here.....but only here for one more year....then back to the mainland.....who knows where....LOL.
    I'd love to hear the answer to this, too......as I've always wanted to go to this!
    "I'll Be Your Candle on the Water"

Favorite Disney Movie : Sleeping Beauty

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I went last year, and this is an event you kinda want to do once. They often call it as the $45 dollar cookie event, but there's really more to it. The parade is great, fireworks are done special for this event, there are all kinds of shows you can watch and you can get your picture taken with Mickey and Minnie in their holiday attire. Of course, there are free cookies, hot chocolate, apple slices and apple juice to snack on, and the crowd level is minimum, you can ride almost every ride open at that time with little or no wait at all. I have one suggestion though, save your park hopper park day for this day, and keep it relaxed, go shopping at Downtown Disney or enjoy your resort and head to the MK at about 4 pm, that's the time they let you in the park if you have MVMCP tickets, and this is plenty of time for you to enjoy the MK.

Have fun and enjoy the party if you decide to go!!
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My first trip to MVMCP was last year and it was wonderful! To me it was worth the extra money. There are rides open and many times with less waiting. I think I rode BTMRR 4 times - it was get off, walk back on (or that may have been the halloween party the year before) Anyway, during the times I have gone to these ticketed events, the crowds are smaller and it just feels more like a holiday. The castle is lit up and I believe this year they have more lights on it than ever before. The parades are good and I really don't like parades! But I enjoyed the fireworks most of all. It was just a very relaxing time to go and enjoy the Magic Kingdom.

Everyone should try it once in their life.

I don't think I even got one of those cookies! lol

MVMCP is well worth the money and a must do if you are at The World during the holidays! And the best part is seeing it snow on Main Street!!! I cannot wait to go back!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalangel View Post
    Does anyone know if the Castle will be decorated/ lit up so that it can be seen at times other then the MVMCP?
    Ordinarily the answer to that is no BUT this year they are planning an AWESOME castle decoration that I am totally bummed I'm not going to get to see. We had a thread on it somewhere... I'll have to find it. It's going to be gorgeous.

EDIT: Here ya go... http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...tmas-look.html
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I LOVE MVMCP!! I don't think we're doing it this year, but definately next year.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Yes, mvmcp is definitely worth it! I went last year and had so much fun. There are characters in special outfits, the parade and fireworks are amazing, and the snacks are pretty good. I am so sad I can't make it this year.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    this year will be my familys first time at the xmas party and we cant wait!! weve never been to the world on a holiday before so it should be a ton of fun!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We were gonna go to it this year but due to disney raising there prices we had to cancel our trip.

capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey Bucknut20:

O-H
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Early plans are that we are to attend on the weekend of December 14th. Yeah!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I expect to see a picture of you in Santa Stitch ears too V!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I went to MVMCP last year. It is defenatly worth the money. The parade was awesome (I have the music) and there is hardly any wait for line even the most popular rides. You can see characters in their Christmas attire, a special stage show, and more!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    It was great the shows, cookies, ride lines, crowds, Fireworks, snow. Everything is great! Our first MVMCP was last december it was great!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast