Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss stitches great escape and sounds dangerous in the Vacation Planning forums; i will be arriving tomorrow in wdw for the first time and all i keep hearing is negative things about those two rides... should i even bother getting on them? ...
    tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder

stitches great escape and sounds dangerous

i will be arriving tomorrow in wdw for the first time and all i keep hearing is negative things about those two rides... should i even bother getting on them? is there anyone that likes those rides?

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    If it is a short line I say go for it - You'll have to decide for yourself if you like it or not - I myself have never done either one
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I have never been on Alien Counter but as for Sounds Dangerous I think it is a waste of time. It is a 12 minute show and have the time you are there sitting in the dark listening to all this weird stuff. You can go on it if you want but I don't recommend it but it gets you out of the heat for sure.

I hope you have fun on your trip!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    never done sounds dangerous

I could go the rest of my life without stepping foot in stich's great escape
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Minnie Price is offline A-Ticket holder

Two rides worth skipping

Sounds Dangerous is just a big waste of time. I can't believe that Disney has not closed it down yet.

I kind of liked the original Alien ride before it became the Stitch ride. I would skip the Stitch ride unless you have NOTHING else to do. There are so many other fun and interesting things to do that I doubt you would want to bother with this ride.

Hope you have a great vacation!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes, I would still do them. That way you will know what we are talking about!
    Actually, Neither one are that bad. Sounds Dangerous is really a good place to go if you need a break. And since you have never seen the original Alien Encounter, you will probably like Stitch. In general, only us WDW veterans are upset about SGE.
    Have a great trip!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Stitch and love the ride too. But others hate it. I think you should definitely do Stitch. It's one of those things you'll either love or hate but you'll never know unless you do it. As for Sounds Dangerous, it's mostly the audio that's the feature. If you're running short on time, you can skip that one and just download a "ridethru" somewhere online. But if you have the time, you should do it just to have the experience once.
    Hypermommy

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't care for either attraction, but that being said....since its your first time going to WDW I would try to go on both attractions if there is a short line and/or you have already seen the main attractions that you and your family wanted to see that day.
    Last edited by Sorria; 12-05-2007 at 10:07 AM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Sounds Dangerous isn't a ride... it's a show. Me personally, I enjoyed it. DH and I played in the booths in the post-show for awhile (and no I don't mean that in the bad way some of you took that).

Stich's Great Escape is a lot of fun. People diss it because the attraction that existed prior, Alien Encounter, was much better... problem was it was also pretty darn scary and totally not kid friendly. The result is Alien Encounter with Stitch... a cutesied up version of the original AE. The technology they use to control the Stitch animatronic is pretty darn impressive if you ask me so I enjoy it.

Bottom line... experience everything you can and decide for yourself. Never let other people tell you what you should and shouldn't do at WDW.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think im the only one but i really enjoy sounds dangerous.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Do both if you're tired and want to sit down for a bit and/or you have nothing else to do while waiting for your Star Tours or Space Mountain fast pass windows. Don't consider either of them priorities. Neither of them are rides, you're sitting stationary the whole time. SD is an auditory experience, and SGE is a auditory, visual, olfactory, and tactile experience. You probably won't hate them if you go in there with your expectations properly set, but neither will you have an overwhelming desire to do either of them ever again.

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World
    I have never been on Stitch's Great Escape. I have been on the Alien Encounter Ride and it is ok. Sounds Dangerous is a waste of time. All you do is sit in a dark room and listen to noises through your headphones.

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Stich's Great Escape is a lot of fun. People diss it because the attraction that existed prior, Alien Encounter, was much better.
    Uhm, no. My first visit was in 2004, after Stictch already appeared. Never experienced Alien Encounter. I dislike Stitch for what it is, not compared to anything else. It's simply not entertaining or enjoyable to me. Sitting in a chair, being confined by the shoulder harness so I can move but not get up, hearing Stitch run around, the shoulder harness pressing on my shoulders to simulate Stitch jumping, and - oh yes - being bombarded with chilidog belch scents.... none of that is what I consider fun.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Uhm, no. My first visit was in 2004, after Stictch already appeared. Never experienced Alien Encounter. I dislike Stitch for what it is, not compared to anything else. It's simply not entertaining or enjoyable to me. Sitting in a chair, being confined by the shoulder harness so I can move but not get up, hearing Stitch run around, the shoulder harness pressing on my shoulders to simulate Stitch jumping, and - oh yes - being bombarded with chilidog belch scents.... none of that is what I consider fun.
    There should have been a SPOILER alert on this post, lol.

As for the rides, go on them if they have a short line. Some people love the rides, some people hate them, everyone has an opinion, so you should try them and see if you like them. I enjoy both of them, I appreciate anything I can ride/watch.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Sounds Dangerous isn't a ride... it's a show. Me personally, I enjoyed it. DH and I played in the booths in the post-show for awhile (and no I don't mean that in the bad way some of you took that).

Stich's Great Escape is a lot of fun. People diss it because the attraction that existed prior, Alien Encounter, was much better... problem was it was also pretty darn scary and totally not kid friendly. The result is Alien Encounter with Stitch... a cutesied up version of the original AE. The technology they use to control the Stitch animatronic is pretty darn impressive if you ask me so I enjoy it.

Bottom line... experience everything you can and decide for yourself. Never let other people tell you what you should and shouldn't do at WDW.
    I agree.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11