WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does anyone else with there was more to do in the World Showcase? in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone think a rotating pavillion could happen or be nice? For 12-16 months it would feature art, culture, food, etc. from say Egypt. Then after it would do the ...
Does anyone think a rotating pavillion could happen or be nice? For 12-16 months it would feature art, culture, food, etc. from say Egypt. Then after it would do the same for Australia or another country. I know the buliding couldn't completely capture a country's escence because rebuilding or extreme renovations every year would be costly.
p.s. Could we possibly get a better choice of food for America? There's so many different types of American cuisine, and the only thing the offer is hamburgers and hot dogs.
-Brian GEAUX TIGERS!!!
I like WS as it stands, but it could benefit from another attraction. I liked the idea mentioned earlier about a haunted castle attraction in Germany. I also think an Egyptian or Australian pavilion could be cool additions.
I love the World Showcase as it is.... There is plenty to see, do and learn about the different cultures that are represented around the Lagoon.
If anything, it would be nice to have another country added where the 'Out Post' area is... Something like Australia, or even better, Egypt!!
"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney
I think WS is fine the way it is. I enjoy walking around & just seeing the sights, shops...etc.
Some countries are more interesting than others though. Mexico has to be my personal fav.
If we can dream it, we can do it!
I actually spent more time at World Showcase than anywhere else at Epcot last time we went there
I love world showcase the way it is and even as a teen/young adult loved the contrast and learning it afforded. That said I think a ride on the other side of the showcase would be welcome to help draw congestion away from Norway and Mexico. I love the rides at those pavilions but I find myself less able to enjoy the rest of those countries (especially Norway) because it is always so crowded with riders. one or two more rides would be good if nothing else to distribute traffic better (and help pull youth to WS to experience the rest of the fun as well...kidcot, etc) Again I have a caveat on wanting or at least appreciating the need for 1-2 more rides. I think they should be indoor rides like the other two. Although the coaster enthusiast within me would kill me, I don't really want to see a Mt Fuji coaster because I think the shrieking/screaming would disrupt the showcase's overall feel. I think the rumored Germany Rhine boat ride would be excellent...and maybe something similar in England/Canada....just not rides that would destroy the overall feel.
Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...
I'm witht he greta majority of you Love the World SHowcase, it is my favorite par tof EPCOT actually. If I had a spare billion or so to spend I would make some add ons though:
1. Millenium Village would be open all the time, host events, special displays, seasonal themed displays whatever the case, that space would be used.
2. Canada, river raft, or log ride, admit it, you'd all love it!
3. More white flags over France, afterall germnay is pretty close by.
4. USA, yup i'd expand the menu
5. Germany, Love Oktoberfest, love it love it love it. A Rhine cruise would be nice though
6. italy, canals and Venice, they need some kind of Gondola experience
7. I know the African Country pavilion has fallen through several times but wouldn't it be greta to have one?
8 China Life sized terra Cotta army display and perhaps a "Cout out" showing charatericts of the great Wall
Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender! Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.
1. I adore and truly miss the Millennium Village. I'd like to bring this back instead of a rotating pavilion as was previously suggested. The space is used, well at least it is during the Food and Wine Festival. I'm not sure what use it gets the rest of the year....anyone?
Originally Posted by Veritas
4. I really don't see a need for a table service restaurant at the American pavilion. Maybe it's just me, but the entire rest of the WDW resort has plenty of America fare served table side.
6. I like what the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas does with their canal inside their mall.
7. Morocco is an African Country.....may Sub-Saharan Africa? Egypt has a lot of potential too.
I'd like to see a South American (North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa has at least 1) country, although I don't know which one.....either Brazil or Argentina?
always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...
I would really like to see something from South America as well. It's a place many people don't know much about.
I would also like to see some more rides in World Showcase. There are so many possibilities.
For me WS is my chance to slow down and just enjoy culture and ambiance. We go hard when we are at WDW everyday and this is the perfect place to relax. Not necesarily sitting and resting but just slowing down.
Maybe another ride like Maelsrom or something like a Venice, Italy canal boat ride. (what are those boats called?!?) That would be welcomed but I still love WS the way it is now.
Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN