Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does anyone else with there was more to do in the World Showcase? in the Vacation Planning forums; Please no flames, because I love Epcot so much. I don't know, I just find myself getting frustrated sometimes because I think they could just do a little more with ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Does anyone else with there was more to do in the World Showcase?

Please no flames, because I love Epcot so much. I don't know, I just find myself getting frustrated sometimes because I think they could just do a little more with the World Showcase. It's so beautiful, and the restaurants are wonderful, as are the films. But the fact that there are only 2 ride on attractions just makes me wish that there was more. I'm not thinking that everything has to be themed on Disney movies (ie. Alice in Wonderland in England), but I just wish there was a little more to Epcot. I can't help it, I LOVE ride-on attractions!

Does anyone else agree with me? Any ideas for what they could do in the World Showcase? By the way, most of you know this, but an Alice in Wonderland attraction in England was NOT my idea, and I think it's wonderful!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This is all my IMHO and I'm not trying to flame you...

But...no, I don't agree with you because I do not approach my touring of Disney parks like you. I once did focus on rides, and therefore had similar feelings regarding the WS. I don't anymore...and once you change your focus, you can start to appreciate all the World Showcase has to offer. However, I would not be opposed to them adding another ride or two. I just don't see the need for every country to have a ride. If rides are your thing, I would think the MK would be more to your tastes.

My focus on the World Showcase are the live performances, the films, the attractions, the characters, the scenery, the shopping, the dining (sit down, counter, and snacks), alcohol, the shopping, the festivals, CM interaction, IllumiNations, etc. Each successive trip I leave wishing I had spent more time here, and on the next trip I do... To each their own. Not every part of WDW is going to appeal to every single person, and that is okay.

Although, I am sorta curious with your frustration for Epcot. How do you love it so much when half the park doesn't seem to have an abundance of what you like? No flames, just curious.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Don't misunderstand, I LOVE all of the things that you do about Epcot! I love the strolling, taking in the scenery, the "street performances," all of it. And I'm not even a huge fan of thrill rides. I just love the ride on-rides and think that the WS could use a few more of them. I know that Mexico's ride isn't always very crowded, but Maelstrom is and even has a FP, so people obviously are liking the attraction. I just think a few more would be welcomed!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I dont think that rides and only rides make the Disney experience, but I do see where you are coming from by saying there are not enough full blown attractions in World Showcase. Hopefully we'll see some of those World Showcase rumors that seem to come around so often!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like Epcot for what it is and don't necessarily miss that there are hardly any rides in World Showcase.....after all, if I'm not mistaken, aren't a lot of those countries' pavillions paid for by that country, not Disney?

In any case, it doesn't bother me that there's not many rides, but I wouldn't mind if they added a few more.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I like that the world showcase has less rides. It gives a nice contrast to the other side of Epcot, Soarin, test track etc... My oldest boy loves to take a day out here and there to just wander around he has Aspbergers so it is nice for him to have the contrast.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    MandaBella-You said it exactly like I would have
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    personally i'd like WS to maybe be a little more interactive. i think right now its a bit too focused on shopping and there's a lot of films. granted i love to shop there but you can only expect children, especially little ones, to tolerate that kind of stuff. i'd love to see another ride or two. maybe something like "the dragon's adventure" in china with hidden mushus ! lol. i don't think it needs to be all rides or all disney character themed, but i do love seeing mulan and country specific characters in "their natural habitat". i just tend to hear a lot of kids that have the "oh this is boring" attitude when it comes to WS but they perk up with the WS players and stuff that isn't "here honey, look at that authentic *snooooooooooooooore*"

I never have enough time to get through all I want to see and do at Epcot as it is now! I could spend an entire week just walking through the different countries and interacting with the CM's there!

attackwithnorth is offline A-Ticket holder
    As a child, I hated World Showcase for the simple reason that there weren't many rides! The older I get, though, the more I appreciate and love World Showcase. I break it down like this: The child in me loves the Magic Kingdom. The teenager loves MGM. The adult side of me LOVES Epcot and World Showcase. For me, there is plenty to enjoy all over the World and I love seeing the parks from different perspectives.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I've always loved Epcot since I was little, it was my first Disney park and most frequently visited Disney park (before I started to work for MK, but that's a different story) I totally understand where you're coming from with wanting more rides in the countries, because I loved the classic Futureworld rides, World of Motion, Horizons, Spaceship Earth, Journey to Imagination, Listen to the Land, etc. Sure they weren't thrilling and some were probably boring at times because it got more educational than entertaining, but it was still a great experience riding through different scenes where they show you the evolution of transportation, or communication, or how to imagine. I do wonder why it seems like the only two rides in the countries are next to each other, and happen to be the first two countries you get to if you travel the countries going clockwise? I do think each country having a ride is overkill, since the two existing rides aren't as big or exciting as the ones in Futureworld, but still are worth checking out. There should be at least one 'attraction' to see at each country, and if we include the films as attractions (which I think they already are) then we have 6 attractions in the countries, 2 rides, 2 360 films, and 1 regular film, and 1 American Adventure. I would love to see something in the rest other than shops or resteraunts, like take a short gondola ride through some Venitian canals in Italy, or how about bring back Mr. Toad to the UK? (Ok, wishful thinking and probably doesn't have anything to do with Brittish culture, but still would be better than to walk past shops) Or how about a dark ride in Germany about exploring a haunted castle, or maybe the Eifel Tower of Terror!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Those are some great ideas Pygmy. I still want an Egypt pavillion though
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I would love an Egypt pavillion! I would love to see a walk through attraction (like swiss family treehouse, but much cooler) going through old tombs and secret passage ways and treasure rooms and there could be a chance where you might run into a mummy or it's curse. Think of it as an Egyptian funhouse. I need to move to Imagineering, quick!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    maybe one or two rides would be great but i like epcot the way it is....i've always loved it, even as a little girl....my family would walk around and have lunch at the Rose and Crown(we still do)...i just remember walking through the countries and their shops...my dad used to buy the little leather change holders for practically nothing..i think the last time we went to get some they more then doubled in price! when my brother and i were a little older, he would play golf with my dad in the morning...my mom and i would sleep in then walk to france for breakfast from the YC or BC....so i guess what i'm trying to say is that everyone's experience at epcot is different and it's what you make of it.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I love World Showcase and everything in it!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast