Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss How do you get a bigger thrill? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've been going on Splash mountain and Space Mountain for a while and the adrenaline rush has worn off. Any ideas for a bigger thrill on the triple-threat mountains?...
    happiest_haunt is offline A-Ticket holder

Question How do you get a bigger thrill?

I've been going on Splash mountain and Space Mountain for a while and the adrenaline rush has worn off. Any ideas for a bigger thrill on the triple-threat mountains?

Oi with the poodles, already!

"This is how it starts. One muppet, Sesame Street in the morning, variety shows late at night. Next thing you know, you're selling your possesions on Main Street to pay for your next Muppet binge"

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Keep an eye out for the biggest, meanest looking alpha male in the queue; 6-7 feet tall, prison tats, engineer boots, scars on his knuckles; and try to procure the log right in front of his. As you embark, point right at him and make a crack about his mother.

You might want to forgo stopping to check out the "Splash Down" photo area, though.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by happiest_haunt View Post
    I've been going on Splash mountain and Space Mountain for a while and the adrenaline rush has worn off. Any ideas for a bigger thrill on the triple-threat mountains?
    Find other rides in other parks.

You have undergone what psychologists call desensitization. You are accustommed to it, so it's no longer a thrill.

What's your very very favorite food? If you eat it once or twice a day for a while, it'll soon no longer have that same thrill any more. Same thing.
    -- Eric

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've begun a personal tradition of taking a photo of the castle as soon as you reach the peak before the big drop on Splash Mountain. It's the most perfect photo op spot in the park for the castle, if you ask me. I vary between zooming in or gettin a nice border of the cave boulders as you're emerging. It's fun to show them around afterwards & have people wonder how you got such a shot. I'd post the photos but they're in Philly & I'm home for the weekend... That's my [added] thrill for that... THEN, if you're not brave enough to risk the warranty, try not getting the camera wet!

Space Mountain? Try it in a pirate-getup! First of all I had to put my captain's hat under my feet. My bandana I thought was secure, but after the first drop I realized I'd have to ride the rest of the way with my hand on my head. & I had a hair wrap clipped in my hair (like Jack<3)-- little did I know that one part where there is a drop + a sharp curve-- it sent the thing flying straight across my open mouth & I caught it there... 0_o

My ideas are more for challenges rather than actual thrills... ^^' but still fun
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have you tried looking for Hidden Mickeys or anything? Also, something cool too, is right before you start the descent up the main drop there is an "animal", a bunny or something, I don't know, that pops out of the ceiling that says "FSU". If i'm not mistaken, this is because one of the Imagineers that worked on the ride graduated from FSU. Just a couple of fun ideas that I hope will help you!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Ride the whole thing with your eyes closed? Or look at the smaller insignificant things that you normally wouldn't see, which can confuse you of where you actually are in the ride so you dont know about what is coming up next.
    You could also jump seats, although this might get you kicked out so I wouldn't suggest it, though it would definatly add to the adrenaline rush.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Find other rides in other parks.

You have undergone what psychologists call desensitization. You are accustommed to it, so it's no longer a thrill.

What's your very very favorite food? If you eat it once or twice a day for a while, it'll soon no longer have that same thrill any more. Same thing.

Ditto...sounds like you need to be doing something else for a while. I love Disney and thrill rides and grew up on that stuff, but sometimes you need to take a break and do different stuff.

What you are experiencing is a first warning sign.

Caspian is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like to ride Space with my sunglasses on. It makes it impossible to tell which way you're going next. In Anaheim it has the added benefit of protecting your eyes from the blinding flash of the strobes at reentry.

LD

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    From the suggestions of riding with your eyes closed to wearing sunglasses. I am getting the impression that I have been riding roller coasters to the height of excitement. It's only been within the last year or so that I actually kept my eyes open the entire time while on SM. My first time on a roller coaster was in '79. Guess I'd better work on that fear of heights thing and keep my eyes open.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ^LOL that's funny.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have this problem too. I always request to sit in the back of all of the roller coasters (especially Everest), you may have to wait a couple of trains, but its worth it.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I have this problem too. I always request to sit in the back of all of the roller coasters (especially Everest), you may have to wait a couple of trains, but its worth it.
    Is your problem being dull to the excitement of riding a coaster or fear of heights?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

attackwithnorth is offline A-Ticket holder
    Try riding in different cars- up front, in the back. Arms in the air? Eyes closed. There are different ways to get a thrill. On Splash Mountain, its always the front row. On the coaster mountains, in the back. On Thunder Mountain a few days ago, my brother told me to look up at the sky the whole time. It disorients you and adds a whole new thrill element. Or perhaps try Expedition Everest? Its too new for the thrill to have worn off yet- at least for me.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Since I just got back from the World (like 30 minutes ago- so sad!), here are a couple of updates:
    When you ride Tower of Terror, look up. You can see the inside of the shaft and when you go up you feel like you are being thrown in the air. Really cool!!!
    Also, I had to sit in the front on Everest and to me, it seemed like the ride was just as, if not more intense than the front.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Don't know if you're a fan of Big Thunder, but if I'm sitting next to someone I know when I ride it, we always try to ram each other around. The ride does that pretty well all by itself, but it's still fun to smash around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast