Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss April Crowd Sizes in the Vacation Planning forums; This year we're planning our trip for April. We usually go in May. Since Easter is in March how bad will the crowds be at the end of April? Does ...
    HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.

April Crowd Sizes

This year we're planning our trip for April. We usually go in May. Since Easter is in March how bad will the crowds be at the end of April? Does anyone have experience with visiting WDW in the spring (potentially during college spring break periods) but not at Easter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We've been at WDW in Feb, April and May (unfortunately not in the same year). I recall February to be not too bad. We noticed an increase over President's Day, but it was still far from really crowded. April and May are good times to visit. The weather is warming-up, but hasn't hit scorchers that you can expect in summer. With Easter being early, you should be going at a good time. I don't think I've been there for Spring break. I think it's more likely the college kids would head for the beaches rather than WDW.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've been in April but always during Easter, which is always really crowded. Which part of April were you thinking of going? Towards the end of April I think they have Grad NIght, not sure how they work that, I think they may close the park specifically for that and not sure if it's more then one night. I think you may be ok as far as college crowds go because seeing that most colleges usually ends in early May I think their spring bread would be sometime in March.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!